Pick Your #1 Favorite Sergio Mendes A&M Album!

Which is your favorite Sergio Mendes A&M album?

• Herb Alpert Presents

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Equinox

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Look Around

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Fool On The Hill

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Crystal Illusions

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Ye-Me-Le

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stillness

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Pais Tropical

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Primal Roots

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Live at Expo '70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! It's always interesting to see these old threads pop up again. There are a couple of items up at the top of the first page that no one corrected, so of course I will. :wink: Rubens' recording career goes back to way before either Deodato or Sergio, starting in the 50s. His "solo" album, reissued on CD, Afro-Cuban Bossa Nova, dates from circa 1961-62. Likewise, Deodato had a recording career for close to a decade before he hit it big in the US. If you think 1972 was his first album, you're depriving yourself of some classic bossa nova stuff that he did, all of it out on CD now, including his many albums with Os Catedraticos. Most of this stuff is usually in stock at Dusty, I highly recommend getting all of it.

JMK said:
There were ongoing disagreements in B'66 that caused the breakup (some of which are amply documented in lawsuits which are part of the public record).

That's interesting; I didn't know about lawsuits. There's another thread about Janis' leaving the group; please post a summary about this if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom