Please use spoiler tags for the new Carpenters book threads (for now).

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Not everyone is able to get the new MUSICAL LEGACY book at the same time, and there is likely to be a lot that is discussion-worthy. So as not to spoil things for those who will be receiving the book later than others, please use "Spoiler tags". These are easy to use and a little how-to follows:

If you're on a computer, as you're posting and want to type stuff inside a spoiler, look above the typing area. You'll see the usual things like B for bold, I for italics, etc. Depending on the width of your display area, you'll see a series of three vertical dots. Click on that and you'll see a bunch more tagging options. This one:
1637065921229.png
is the Spoiler tag option. It looks like an "eye" with a diagonal "cross-out". When clicked on, a new little window opens with an area for you to type your text that you wish to be hidden so as not to spoil anything for others.

When used, all other users will see a blurred out section of text. Then when a user clicks that, they'll see what you've posted inside the spoiler tag.

After awhile, maybe to the end of the year, allowing the Christmas gifts to be received, we can be more free with posts about the book,

If you're using a phone, things work similarly, but the width of the screen limits how many tag buttons are visible at once. The first three dots will bring up the options that are not visible, and you should find the spoiler tag button the same way.[/Spoiler]

Block Spoiler

As Harry says, look for the Eye icon to begin.

1637075543972.png

1637075575496.png

Type at the cursor, between the ] and [ brackets:

1637075661782.png
Like this:
1637075705248.png
Result:

You won't see me until you click the Spoiler button.

Inline Spoiler

You can hide text within a sentence, just like this. Hover over the blurred text and tap or click to display it.

1637075883398.png
1637075906458.png

Result:

All you need to do is highlight your text like this, then click the mask icon in the toolbar.

Make a mistake?

Undo!

1637076047610.png

OMG!! Hahah just read such a revelation. Good lord, I thought I knew EVERYTHING about EVERY recording. Just goes to show. I will never hear certain songs the same way again. Great book so far. Thanks.

Not everyone is able to get the new MUSICAL LEGACY book at the same time, and there is likely to be a lot that is discussion-worthy. So as not to spoil things for those who will be receiving the book later than others, please use "Spoiler tags". These are easy to use and a little how-to follows:

If you're on a computer, as you're posting and want to type stuff inside a spoiler, look above the typing area. You'll see the usual things like B for bold, I for italics, etc. Depending on the width of your display area, you'll see a series of three vertical dots. Click on that and you'll see a bunch more tagging options. This one:
1637065921229.png
is the Spoiler tag option. It looks like an "eye" with a diagonal "cross-out". When clicked on, a new little window opens with an area for you to type your text that you wish to be hidden so as not to spoil anything for others.

When used, all other users will see a blurred out section of text. Then when a user clicks that, they'll see what you've posted inside the spoiler tag.

After awhile, maybe to the end of the year, allowing the Christmas gifts to be received, we can be more free with posts about the book,

If you're using a phone, things work similarly, but the width of the screen limits how many tag buttons are visible at once. The first three dots will bring up the options that are not visible, and you should find the spoiler tag button the same way.[/Spoiler]
Much appreciated. Mine arrives next week, and I came across someone's post on Facebook that gave away a fun tidbit I would have liked to read on my own!

I'm not sure I would have asked for members to do this under normal circumstances, but with the supply chain difficulties and delivery uncertainties of the current day, it seemed like a good idea. I know it's tempting to post some tidbit here that you never new and are excited about, so the spoiler tags give us a way to handle that.

I received the book last week.Thank You to the authors and Richard.I know how much time was spent doing this for us.I decided to think of my favorite photos of Karen and Richard before opening the book.I got a little freaked because they were all in there.You did not have to do this book Richard so a million thanks to you.I won't comment on the rest of the book ( I do not want to spoil it for others) other than to say "buy this book".Love You since day one Richard.Karen,Love You so much and really miss you!

Back
Top Bottom