Promo 45s and Promo LPs

Donn

I now have all the promo 45s (with the exception of Close to You mono) and all the promo LPs (with the exception of Lovelines) and I have additional copies of most of them. It has been interesting collecting these promos over the past two years:

Regarding the 45s, a mint copy of Top of the World was a tough one to find. I was extremely lucky to get Little Altar Boy on Discogs recently for $1.50, and I had the promo of Honolulu City Lights (with picture sleeve) stored away in a box in my closet since the 1990s. For the life of me I do not recall where or how I got that promo. Mint copies of Superstar and Rainy Days and Mondays are not common, and either of the two Close to You promos (mono and stereo) are pretty rare.

With the LPs, I paid a hefty amount for Close to You in an ebay bid, and slightly less for two promo copies of Offering. I got good deals on the tan album, A Song for You, Horizon and Singles 1969-1973. I got the Now and Then promo at a local record shop for $5. The promos for Kind f Hush, Passage, Christmas Portrait and Yesterday Once More were easy to find, but not so much with Made in America (surprisingly), Voice of the Heart or Old Fashioned Christmas. I was also able to find a promo of Time.

If anyone has a promo 45 of Close to You mono or the Lovelines LP, let me know if you'd like to trade or sell - I have lots to trade!

I have four copies of Calling Occupants USA 45 promo and two copies of Calling Occupants Canadian 45 promo

Both of them are the same: edited version (3.59) on both sides, one side mono and the other side stereo - mono side has a large red A

Back
Top Bottom