Public Broadcasting Exclusive: Carpenters The Complete Singles Release

I've had some tightly packaged CDs before, but thankfully managed to get them out without snapping them. At least I am not the only one who has had an issue with these CDs and/or the packaging. I will know what to look for if I am able to purchase this again. Very frustrated...I was really looking forward to finally having the REAL versions of these singles - not the versions Richard has tinkered with through the years on the 10,000 different compilations that have been released.

For me I was able to get Disc 1 & 3 out fine, but Disc 2 was jammed onto the spindle, and even trying different ways to lift it wasn’t working. I remember my last attempt was to try spinning the disc around as I was pushing on the Center of the disc, to see if it would go over the spindle that way.

However, if you use your thumb and press the center spoke lightly, it pops right out.
That is actually how it was designed to be used. :thumbsup:

Aside from that, I'd almost rather destroy the center hub than the disc.

I've had the opposite--those old thick two-CD jewel cases often had poor hubs, and I'd receive imports where the discs had come loose from the hubs and were bouncing around inside. (Some of my early Charisma and Vertigo label releases were like that.) They were still playable, but it was a poor idea to begin with.

Channel surfing this afternoon and I came across this show on Connecticut PBS in an updated fashion. The fundraising offer now includes the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra CD in gift packages instead of Christmas Portrait . During the pledge appeal/fundraising portion of the broadcast, there are also a few new segments where T.J. Lubinsky interviews Richard about the creation of the RPO album. He specifically mentions a flub in the song 'This Masquerade" that he fixed on the RPO version.

Channel surfing this afternoon and I came across this show on Connecticut PBS in an updated fashion. The fundraising offer now includes the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra CD in gift packages instead of Christmas Portrait . During the pledge appeal/fundraising portion of the broadcast, there are also a few new segments where T.J. Lubinsky interviews Richard about the creation of the RPO album. He specifically mentions a flub in the song 'This Masquerade" that he fixed on the RPO version.
Saw the same thing tonight in Atlanta on PBA30. Nice little extra interview snippet! I ended up getting a mug since I already have everything else.

Back
Top Bottom