Question about UK release of Box Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb

I see that Amazon UK has a few different mixes listed on the upcoming UK release of "The Essential Collection". I would guess that Amazon UK may have the incorrect info but maybe the UK release will have a few different mixes? I know they list "There's a Kind of Hush" as the album version and in the liner notes for the US release Richard said he took most of the synth parts out. They also list "A Song For You" as the 97 remix and "All You Get From Love is a Lovesong" as the 1990 remix.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as Richard has been known to deliver different mixes to different countries.

Thanks

Scott B

Understand UK Box Set will contain most of these mixes listed , surprising so few have altered since 1991 set !

UK release has been put back to Monday 4/11/02 -which is not a surprise given Universal UK attention to release dates :confused:

Interesting to see whether UK / Europe Markets will promote this revised set as 1991 release was virtually ignored :sad:

Peter

Purchased Essential.....Box Set this week , I was staggered by the price £45-00 ($68-00) compared to From The Top £27-00 ($40-00) , which is still being sold in main London Stores...... !

Managed to buy my copy for $15-00 less in a Sale thankfully..... :)

Remastered tracks sound good .....but overall this is a set for New Fans or an Introduction (expensive) for others......

Also there was room for at least 12 more tracks to bring each CD up to 70 minutes length ....neither Richard and especially Universal have done Carpenters proud with this release....I cannot forsee many sales for this revised Box...... :shock:

Better to have released a 2 CD with some Singles , Album Tracks and some Rarities at a special price to attract new Fans and long term lovers , this would have great for 2003 Anniversary Release...... :)

Peter....bemused by this release........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom