R.I.P. Georgia Engel

R.I.P Georgia Engel.
Now a part of my home at Christmas in the last few years thanks to seeing/viewing the Christmas Portrait special here in the UK (via fan disc).
Angel in the Christmas play and Stille Nacht are favourites.
I also saw Georgia on UK recently in a comedy with Betty White called Hot in Cleveland.
Smile eternally.

I also saw Georgia on UK recently in a comedy with Betty White called Hot in Cleveland.

She was a semi-regular on that series playing Betty's character's best friend, Mamie Sue. They actually did a really sweet episode where Elka (Betty) and Mamie Sue had a reunion with their old bowling team played by Mary Tyler Moore, Cloris Leachman and Valerie Harper. It was quite touching to see them all together onscreen after so many years. There were several references to the MTM show including the episode's title, "Love Is All Around."

She also appeared in one season of "The Office" and was quite hilarious then as well. My favorite line (talking to Ellie Kemper): "With that face, and those gazongas? You should be able to get any man you want!"

I thought that the late Martha Raye had "The Big Mouth" in those Polident commercials!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom