RADIO BOSSA NOVA BRAZIL

lj

For you guys who love Brazilian music as much as I do, especially Bossa Nova,--I discovered late last year a 24/7 streaming station that plays fantastic Brazilian music. Refer to the link below and its website address. This what you will hear: tons of Jobim songs and Gilberto vocals of course. Classic songs by Donato, Lyra, Powell, and Valle. And a lot of Sergio Mendes with Brasil 66 such as Mas Que Nada, Going Out of My Head, Chove Chuva, Night and Day, The Look of Love, Pretty World, Masquerade, and later stuff such as Rio De Janeiro with Gracinha, Y Vamos Ya with Juanes, Fool on the Hill with Siedah Garrett. You will hear the great vocalists of that era such as Sylvia Telles, Nara Leao, Leny Andrade, Wilson Simonal, Pery Ribeiro, and Lucio Alves. You will enjoy great groups such as the Milton Banana Trio and Os Cariocas. And you will hear Bossa interpretations by Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and John Pizzarelli. All in all I discovered many great songs I had never heard before. If you catch the tail end of a song you like and want to hear it again, no problem, like all oldies stations you will hear it again in a day or two.

In short, this is my go-to music station with a cornucopia of beautiful music.

I'll have to add that to my TuneIn favorites next time I use it.

Back
Top Bottom