Radio Format Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I heard something weird today while listening to our "classic rock" station and was wondering if this is happening elsewhere. They no longer use "classic rock", going for "world class rock" instead. Not that there's a difference - they still play "Freebird", "Stairway To Heaven" and "Born To Be Wild" a zillion times a day.

But what's in a name? :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

It's "CLASSIC Rock"-- That's what I'll STILL call it, no matter what...!!! I'll listen to my "world class...er, "classics rock" station and see what it's called there, then... :confused:

Dave

Captain Bacardi said:
I heard something weird today while listening to our "classic rock" station and was wondering if this is happening elsewhere. They no longer use "classic rock", going for "world class rock" instead. Not that there's a difference - they still play "Freebird", "Stairway To Heaven" and "Born To Be Wild" a zillion times a day.

Maybe they'll call it Retro Rock next. :rolleyes: XM's standard classic rock offering seems to be called "Top Tracks".

Lately I have been tuning into the classic rock station. It is more my kind of music than that mainstream pop or that cheezy Whitney Houston crap. I am also so sick of the "We only have 40 songs" 80s stations too.

One day, when I get rich, I will create my own radio station and play MUSIC not crap and not over and over and over and over...

It has always annoyed that radio playlists rarely ever get expansive. "The Classic Rock Experience", the national rock format from ABC Radio Networks has a couple of cool programs but other than that, isn't much fun to listen to. I used to love listening to it before ABC decided to modernize it!!!!!!

I've been listening to two classic rock stations on XM. Top Tracks is a classic rock station geared more toward late 60s through late 70s rock, where Big Tracks is "our generation's classic rock"...basically, the classic rock that a lot of my high school crowd listened to, up through the late 80s when the hair bands ruled.

Of those two XM stations, I find Big Tracks (#49) a much better listen than Top Tracks. Mostly because BT plays mostly hit singles, where TT will often play those ultra-long "classics" like Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do" and Skynyrd's "Free Bird" and Grand Funk's "I'm Your Captain." Those three songs always play at least once a day, along with several 10+ minute jams from the Allman Brothers Band. That stuff is fine but hearing it daily gets old in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom