Rainbow Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting comments on RAINBOW CONNECTION.

I like this songs musically very much, but I too have problems understanding, what this song is all about. What is this thing - a rainbow connection?

Perhaps Paul Williams wrote this song with the intention, that it doesn't make sense?

Bruno
confused online :confused:

350hunny & Bruno,

Yes Kermit sang this song, I have this version.

First let me say that I love this song & Karen's version is by far the most emotional.

Now for my own personal thoughts about what this song is all about:

I don't read too much into the title, I think it's just a happy go lucky, a song of hope that you will find your "love" somewhere in life. "someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers & me"

If your searching for love, don't give up, you'll find it where others are also looking.

I't much like "Over the rainbow" song made famous, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

It's not a literal place but everyone wishes & dreams, it's a place where dreams can come true.

I find it's a song all about hope & not giving up on life.

350hunny,

I read the link before. But I forget it. Thanks for your link.

Chris,

You have Kermit version! Is it avalable now? or from televison?
I'd like to know if Kermit sing the last part of 350hunny's link on your version. If you have time after the concert, will you tell us?

Sakura
.....writed to NHK of on-air of Olivia's concert on ground wave TV,
but answer was that thay would tell the request to the section in their duty.

Adding to my previous message, in the drama of which theme song was "Rainbow Connection",
I read today that the color was attached to all the names of characters. For example,
Akai (aka means red in Japanese), Midorikawa (green river) and Aoshima (blue island).
In the topic they talked about another drama in Japan. The names of characters who came from
US are Richard and Karen.

Sakura

Sukura -Interesting and Neat that US Characters Were Named After Richard and Karen :)

Original Rainbow Connection can be Seen with Kermit in The Muppet Movie (1979) -Bob Hope is One of the Guest Stars and Several Muppets TV Shows / Specials.

Paul Williams Has Stated, Prior to Capenters Version Release in 2001 That Rainbow Connection is His All Time Favourite Composition -This is Probably a Shock to Some Members / Fans Considering the Number of Classic and Famous Songs Already Written :shock:

Paul Williams Previous Favourite was I Won't Last A Day Without You and Carpenters Cover -His Absolute Favourite (Also One of My Personal Favourites ) :)

Would be Great to Know Paul Williams Opinon and Response to Karen's
Moving Vocal And Carpenters Production :cool:

Peter..Rainbow / I Won't Last ......

Peter,

Thanks for your information on Kermit.

I'd like to know Paul's opinion, too.
May we ask Yuka(Yuko) to ask Paul? Yuka put the lyrics of Rainbow Connection on her website in the permission from Paul.

Sakura

Kermit's version of "Rainbow Connection" is currently available on the Rhino compilation,THE MUPPET SHOW:25 YEARS. Oddly enough,my copy is in transit from the BMG record club,so I don't know which version they use on the CD. However,the sample on the website comes from the beginning of the film. The reprise at the end has the "Life's like a movie..." coda so I suspect that it isn't on the CD. The ending also included the Swedish Chef classic critque that the "Flim(sic) is Okey-dokey",which I have used on answering machine messages. You may know that Willie Nelson recorded "Rainbow Connection" a couple of years ago and did a fine job. Mac

Jim,

Thanks for your information. I heard Karmit's version and Mr. Wille Nelson's version a little today through the web. :D

I found Jr. Kenny Drew's "The Rainbow Connection". But I couldn't hear "Rainbow Connection". I wonder if the song is as same as Paul's "RC".

I saw Wille's CD cover with 5-colour rainbow on the web. In Japan we say that rainbows are 7 colours. How many colours are there in raibow? How about spectrum? :rolleyes:

How about the number of The Spectrum members? :tongue:artyhat:

Sakura

My copy of the Rhino Muppet CD arrived today,and what a treat. Besides the "Rainbow Connection" from the opening of the movie,they put the reprise on the "Finale:The Magic Store" where Kermit sings the "Life's like a movie" tag(and the Swedish chef,too-cool!). BTW,Paul Williams says his two current "favorite" compositions are both from the "Muppet Movie": "Rainbow Connection" and Gonzo's "I'm going To Go Back There Someday". The other song is included on the CD-unfortunately it is not from the first "Muppet Movie" but an outtake from "Muppets From Space" that Gonzo sings in a rhythmic acoustic version-the original as a lush,string-filled ballad againt his creeky voice was quite effective in the first movie. Mac

I was listening to C's Rainbow Connection with the headphone set on and
when it came to "and me" at 3:27 and again at 3:45-6, the vowel E is interrupted and sounds as if cut and pasted. :o
Can anybody tell me what this actually is?
Is this why Richard says the vocal to this song is not finished?
Maybe not, as he may mean some other elements.

Then maybe something wrong with the recording equipment? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom