Rare Carpenters package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of that set is that they used the Offering cover on Karen & Rich's first album, which is the only other way to get that artwork, other than the original releases from 1969. I have one of those Offering LPs, so the "mystery" factor isn't there for me. Isn't this also the one with the track-by-track commentary in the booklet by Richard?

Harry
...needing some kind of time warp to get ready for Christmas, online...

The person who sold this Carpenters package just Emailed me saying he has another 4 sale. For $1600 I assume. But for 9.99......... I might think about it! :wink:

Just looked at the auction--that IS a nice little set! Would have been nice to have been in the right place, at the right time, to get it for a more reasonable price.

I would guess these are the remixed albums and not the originals...?

Rudy said:
I would guess these are the remixed albums and not the originals...?

IIRC, that set contained the Remastered Classics, so these would be original mixes. If memory serves, when we got the Remasters here, the Japanese put out this limited edition set of mini-LPs, and I think they also issued the general mini-LPs to the public on a one-at-a-time basis -- the difference being that TICKET TO RIDE appeared instead of OFFERING.

Later, perhaps a year or so ago, the mini-LPs were phased out and regular jewel-case editions began to be sold in Japan.

Harry
...with slightly fuzzy memories, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom