• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

GaryAlan

^^Here it is (?):
Product description
The essential Carpenters Retrospective, combining candid documentary alongside fantastic full length performances! A leading team of experts and critics lead us through the labyrinth of rumours and lies to get to the true story behind one of the greatest duos of all time. We trace the euphoria of superstardom, the pressures to stay there and the tragic consequences. As well as the beautiful music the pair produced, we investigate both Richards s drug addiction and the circumstances that led to Karen Carpenter s fatal anorexia. The 72 page book features an in-depth biography of the Carpenters. This haunting audiovisual homage to one of the greatest musical duos in history captures a perfect moment in time. Karen and Richard take to the stage in Japan 1972, the year A Song For You put the siblings on top of the world! Featuring: Opening Medley, Top of the World, Help, Mr Guder, Close To You, Jambalaya, Yesterday Once More, Oldies Medley, Sing, Sometimes, We ve Only Just Begun, For All We Know.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpenters-Top-World-Region-NTSC/dp/B001A52TL2

John Tkacik

^^Here it is (?):
Product description
The essential Carpenters Retrospective, combining candid documentary alongside fantastic full length performances! A leading team of experts and critics lead us through the labyrinth of rumours and lies to get to the true story behind one of the greatest duos of all time. We trace the euphoria of superstardom, the pressures to stay there and the tragic consequences. As well as the beautiful music the pair produced, we investigate both Richards s drug addiction and the circumstances that led to Karen Carpenter s fatal anorexia. The 72 page book features an in-depth biography of the Carpenters. This haunting audiovisual homage to one of the greatest musical duos in history captures a perfect moment in time. Karen and Richard take to the stage in Japan 1972, the year A Song For You put the siblings on top of the world! Featuring: Opening Medley, Top of the World, Help, Mr Guder, Close To You, Jambalaya, Yesterday Once More, Oldies Medley, Sing, Sometimes, We ve Only Just Begun, For All We Know.

Whoever wrote this description of the product was not a fan. Several of the songs listed were not released until 1973 so they could not be from a 1972 concert.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpenters-Top-World-Region-NTSC/dp/B001A52TL2

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
It looks official......
I don’t think that 4-disc set is official. The logo and picture at the top of the box are compressed (seemingly due to lack of space for the tracklist) and the discs are labelled “disks”.

The tracklist description is also odd, listing the same songs several times in a row and it lists “Beachwood” on disk 2 :laugh:

Chris

It looks to me (I could be wrong) but that watch face is using Chris Tassin's artwork (he posts on this forum) Chris I hope you are getting credit for this?

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisTassinArtwork/
Hi! Thanks for bringing to my attention. No, I'm not getting credit and they never asked permission. I tried to find info on how to ask ebay to take it down, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. This is not the first time sellers are using my drawings on items for sale. I don't think they sell very many, and often wonder if it's even worth bothering with so I usually just ignore. There are so many cheap items out there and the sellers just pull images to use from anywhere they can find them. Kind of sad, but the way of the world.

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

Hi! Thanks for bringing to my attention. No, I'm not getting credit and they never asked permission. I tried to find info on how to ask ebay to take it down, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. This is not the first time sellers are using my drawings on items for sale. I don't think they sell very many, and often wonder if it's even worth bothering with so I usually just ignore. There are so many cheap items out there and the sellers just pull images to use from anywhere they can find them. Kind of sad, but the way of the world.

Chris, Ebay are pretty good when it comes to the Vero policy on their site, so certainly report it.
I won`t buy one now based on what`s been said :)
I have to say Chris, I looked at those drawings on Facebook and they are fantastic, WOW. Great work sir!

I was actually just looking at Carpenters stuff again on Ebay and came across this, which is also nice, if rather expensive with postage;

The Carpenters Personalized Collector's Binder! Karen and Richard Carpenter | eBay

Chris

Chris, Ebay are pretty good when it comes to the Vero policy on their site, so certainly report it.
I won`t buy one now based on what`s been said :)
I have to say Chris, I looked at those drawings on Facebook and they are fantastic, WOW. Great work sir!

I was actually just looking at Carpenters stuff again on Ebay and came across this, which is also nice, if rather expensive with postage;

The Carpenters Personalized Collector's Binder! Karen and Richard Carpenter | eBay
Glad to know you like the drawings on the facebook page. Thank you! :)

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

What do we think to this? Genuine? Richard’s seems more likely to be due to the personalisation and date.

Richard Carpenter - Collection with Karen Carpenter | HistoryForSale Item 261645

For over $600 Anna, I wouldn't touch that with a long pole.
Checking it against a genuine one, the signature is very close, but I`ve never trusted autographs, unless the person stood in front of me to do it!
This one actually does look genuine, but we`ve all been around long enough to know that you can say anything on a website, it doesn't make it right :)

Top Bottom