• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

A&M Retro

Thanks for sharing these fantastic pics, Chris! I always thought these particular photos were taken during the 'A Kind Of Hush' sessions, as a few of them are featured in the 1976 tour book. Is there a date on these? They're fascinating.

Bob

GaryAlan

Nice photos, thanks Chris !
I think the A&M Compendium has similar photos from this time period,
March 1975 perhaps ?

GDB2LV

Not even autographed. Way overpriced poster. Out of the question for most collectors I think.

Murray

Joeyesterday

Finally got a copy of the West Germany Christmas Portrait CD from eBay. Early Christmas present. No choir on Ave Maria...beautiful! The WG seller was only asking about $20 so I was very lucky. My Carpenters collection is almost complete now. Thanks to the forum for all the info on this rare release!!

Chris May

Resident 'Carpenterologist'
Staff member
yes - a copy just sold on Ebay - looks like a "gratis" purchase as it had been compromised from the $450.00 it set out for immediate purchase
Someone emailed me about this a few days ago stating they’d placed a bid but wanted to verify the validity of the item before finalizing anything. For as much as I hate to see someone lose a sale - assuming there’s nothing intentionally being misrepresented, I hate even more seeing someone lose potentially hundreds of dollars on something disingenuous, regardless of the seller’s true intentions.

offering

Does anyone know what became of Karen's wardrobe? I was always curious about the orange dress that she wore, amongst other little things, whether they were worn on stage or just out and about. I admire her style so much. I did see a "Karen owned" baseball cap on eBay but questioned its authenticity.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Does anyone know what became of Karen's wardrobe? I was always curious about the orange dress that she wore, amongst other little things, whether they were worn on stage or just out and about. I admire her style so much. I did see a "Karen owned" baseball cap on eBay but questioned its authenticity.
The majority of it is still owned by Richard and stored away. He pulled many of her clothes and stage outfits out for use in The Karen Carpenter Story.

Top Bottom