1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR, Dec 30, 2017.

1. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member Thread Starter

U.K
    I`ve been collecting carpenters stuff for years and it STILL amazes me what I come across and that`s out there!
    never seen this set this way before;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K.C. Jr

K.C. Jr Well-Known Member

US
    Mine looks exactly like this. Never knew it was packaged differently until I joined the forum.

Misael Castillo Lopez likes this.
  3. I'm loving seeing people's rarities and collections on here so I thought I'd add my own. Unfortunately, mine is packed away as I don't have space to display it but I love nothing more than unpacking a box and looking at my "treasures" every so often.

[​IMG] 39729892201_4f34fcc2f1_b.jpg[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fan club collectables (It was disbanded before I could join so I have collected these online since 1990)

Jamesj75 likes this.
  4. These are my posters...I'm ever searching for the Boat Poster.

Part 1

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Some of my CD sets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Some of my vinyl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John Adam and CraigGA like this.
  7. Concert Programmes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Other bits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, no more posts. I got a bit carried away :tongue:

9. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

WOW- just WOW, Nick!

BarryT60 likes this.
  10. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

Nick, in the third photo, what is that black Carpenters CD in the upper left hand corner? I've never seen that before.

11. I think what you are referring to is the booklet that was included in the 30th and 35th anniversary boxsets.

12. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That’s the same set as mine. When I saw it in the shop window I thought it was an LP set. I was ECSTATIC when I enquirer inside the shop and found out it was a 4-CD retrospective box set. I’d heard nothing about its impending release. I was even more ecstatic to find it included two more tracks from Karen’s solo album.

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR likes this.
  13. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member

That is like mine. That was original packaging when it was released.

14. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

^^Mark, looks as if you may be seeing the Booklet (on the left) for the 35th Ann. (and,30th) CD Set,
    as, the Black Handkerchief is the Black w/white logo on the right.

Nick, great collection.
    I notice the 40th Ann. Cd-Box, how did that 17th cd fit into the box (40/40 best cd) ?
    My box is jammed packed at 16 cds !

15. Eyewire

Eyewire Well-Known Member

:bow:

I'm in complete awe of these collections. Great job to all of you! It must have taken you years to collect all that wonderful stuff!

I just collect CDs. No room for vinyl, books, framed photos or other collectibles. I don't even have room for a decent stereo system. I wish I did but I guess I'll just have to be content with what I have, which is a good pair of headphones and an excellent digital audio player to play all my Carpenters music. It'll have to do for now, lol! :phones:

16. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

Great displays from everyone. Thanks so much for sharing! It was a total "kick" to see what rabid fans have accumulated! It makes me long for the 50th anniversary and if we can all get together in SoCal and meet each other! We all share each other's passion...

17. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Gary, I just tried and the 40/40 The Best Collection does fit but it's a very tight squeeze. It actually works nicely to keep them from falling out but you can't get a finger in to pull one out so for me I'd opt to have a little more space. My box is on my shelf and I'm not afraid of anything falling out of it.

Great collection everyone!!!

18. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick and GaryAlan for the clarification.

19. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

My experience has shown that finding Carpenters' collectibles is still rather difficult !
    Even accounting for ebay, I am missing much that I would love to acquire.
    Then, of course, there's the price to contend with....
    Without a doubt, though, my two all-time favorite collectibles are
    (1) Karen Carpenter Solo Poster
    (2) The A Song For You Promotional Heart

Still looking...for the plastic A&M MIA Money Cube from 1981......

Nick likes this.
  20. What a fantastic collection :goodie::goodie::goodie:, it's great to see how other people are just as fanatical that one haha regards