1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Me too :wink: and the Boat poster

2. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member Thread Starter

U.K
    NICK, that is a fantastic collection sir, thank you for posting and taking the time to photograph it all .............. I LOVE IT :goodie:
    this is why I love to see other collections, because it`s nice to see what I have, but also what I don`t and whilst I have a few items, there is still a lot I don`t, but I guess if we all did, the pleasure of looking for it would go :)
    I`m guessing the stuff in the first photo is from the fan club?
    I`m not really a big fan of that kind of stuff, because it`s a bit `tourist souvenir` for me, but I do admit to one item I bought from the states, which I just couldn't resist :laugh:

[​IMG]

some of the stuff, I like to make or collect as `sets` if I can, so that I have as many versions of that album as possible, but as I keep finding out, there`s so much out there, I get surprised almost weekly :)
    Karen`s solo stuff;

[​IMG]

the `GOLD` series;

[​IMG]

INTERPRETATIONS;

[​IMG]

Nick likes this.
  3. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    Japanese stuff is a bit light compared to nick, but I did start collecting these rather late, so I`m still buying these. personally, I love these albums, because of the effort that goes into them. the quality of the vinyl is simply night and day compared and compared to these, how that 12 album box-set has gone so wrong is astounding!
    anyway, this is the Japanese stuff I have;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know this is a common collection, but I was really glad to find the original advert for this set;

[​IMG]

Nick likes this.
  4. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    would it be fair to assume it`s a U.S release?

5. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Yes mine was a US import :)

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR likes this.
  6. Love it! I really love the Reader's Digest set. I have the South African one which has a different cover in addition to the gold one above.

I also love the Japanese stuff. The quality and effort with the extras; posters, inserts etc. is always wonderful to see.

I collect everything. I love the fan club stuff because I wish I'd have had the chance to join but I became a fan too late.

I have my list of things I still want...anything new and the boat poster, Made in America perspex cube, Karen solo poster, magic lamp single, various fan club photos and a few other fan club items, Song for You inflatable heart but these never appear on eBay. I spend at least an hour each night looking. Maybe one day...

7. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

I long ago made peace with the fact that I will never own a Magic Lamp Single, Looking For Love,
    it is really the only thing left for me that I really, really want ......
    The
    A Song For You inflatable Heart, I have never seen it again offered.... since I acquired mine (1990s ?).
    I get a kick out of my official Carpenters Fan Club "Membership Card" (1980s--Made In America styled).
    The Official Fan Club materials, I do keep an eye out for that stuff, on occasion.

8. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    got a photo of it please nick, would love to see it :)

I agree about the Japanese albums, they are just so good. I have a couple of albums here that are so rough around the edges, if I can`t find my saw to cut any wood, I use that :laugh:

9. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K

here`s a `spooky` one for you, well, not sure spooky is the right word.
    I`m the same as you and every single night, without fail, I go through all the new listings. I came across one the other night, others may have seen as well, but sometimes, I see these listings and can`t help myself, I know one thing, if I see the word RARE one more time ............ but hey, that`s another discussion :)

I came across a mirror someone was selling, just a normal mirror, but someone had stuck butterflies left & right of the mirror face and in the middle, the quote on Karen`s grave of `an angel on earth an angel in heaven`.
    starting bid was £150 and I couldn't resist messaging, `how do you figure this is worth that`, just because the quote is related to Karen?
    she messages me back, with the explanation about this mirror and her dad making it etc etc etc, and goes on to say she is a Karen Carpenter sound-a-like ( wow, now you have my attention )
    she does this that and everything else, bla bla bla and ends the message TONI LEE.
    so I puts her in YOUTUBE and its this lady below!
    apparently, a Karen carpenter sound-a-like .................. IF YOU SAY SO :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. Did you send those spoons or did you buy them ready? ahahhaa are great :):)
    And that Japanese treasures with a different cover, what version is it?

11. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    hi misael, the spoons were bought from the states, as is :)

the Japanese treasures, which one is that misael?

Misael Castillo Lopez likes this.
  12. You can see them both on the left of this one or the bottom, middle of the second one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. [​IMG]
    I asked for the cover of the treasures, is different from the one we all have, it is a different, first, promotional version?:), I want to know, it looks great, regards

14. This is the carpenterian holy grail haha the most I wish for there is the Japanese Single Box, but its price is very high, good luck :goodie::goodie:

15. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Since I posted some photos a few days ago on this thread, I'll post a few more even though someone has set up a post your collection thread... I'm glad people have enjoyed seeing the fruits of many years collecting. It's nice to share with you all.

Music books

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. More music books

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Christmas Portrait press pack

[​IMG]

Made In America press pack

[​IMG]

A Kind of Hush press pack

[​IMG]

Passage press pack

[​IMG]

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  19. Horizon press pack

[​IMG]

Karen Carpenter press release

[​IMG]

20. I already understood :):) is a vinyl record of 45rpm, great, I did not know that they had taken singles from that collection:goodie::goodie:

21. They are great, excuse my ignorance, are they like books that tell each album or those that come with the musical partitions? and it's fantastic that everyone shows their collection :)

22. I publish these two CDs here that I have not seen, one is from the United Kingdom and one from Japan :goodie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dave-LIVE and Nick like this.
  23. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    guys, I`m blown away by some of this stuff you guys have and it just shows how much is out there and that I probably won`t even live long enough to get most of it ...... AMAZING!
    I`ve never even seen a lot of this stuff, much less seen it for sale to try and buy it. I really appreciate seeing it though, because even though there`s a lot I don`t have, it`s really nice to see that someone has it and it`s out there being looked after, so that`s great. thanks for posting nick and taking the time :)

out of interest, because I`ve been looking, does anyone have `OFFERING` on 8 track? now that's something I`d love to get :)
    also, was it released on normal audio cassette?

24. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

U.K
    can`t believe it, I was watching this set on ebay, which is why I asked about it and totally forgot about it and didn't bid. £7 it went for :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

25. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

That Japanese set is rare in that it features a track from Time: I'm Still Not Over You.[

Misael Castillo Lopez likes this.