1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Chris May

Chris May Resident 'Carpenterologist' Moderator

A few pics from a photo shoot a few years back detailing some of my collection, along with several photos I personally took at Richard's warehouse of his prized automobiles. :)

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg

2. Chris May

3. Chris May

4. Even the art is strange, it is as if a small child had drawn it, but this set in one way or another sounds very well the set of songs ...:)

5. Mr. Chris now I realize that you were entirely to blame, I saw your report in a california newspaper on the internet in 2015 spoke of your fanaticism by the Carpenters, I saw those photos and how you were born in me, wanting to have many things from Carpenters ..
    At that time I had 5cd of them and now I have over 250 things between cd, lp's, 45, boxes among others, in addition to my family's desire to burn me every product I buy hahaha :uhhuh::uhhuh: regards...
    (Carpenters inspired Chris May's music director career ) This was his article.

6. Ans de Vos

Ans de Vos New Member

7. Ans de Vos

Ans de Vos New Member

Ahoy there,

Another rare booklet is the one supplied with the Japanese album Solitaire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ciao,
    Ans

8. Ans de Vos

Ans de Vos New Member

Ahoy everyone,

This is a photo of the cover of the 1st Mook, published in 1974:
    [​IMG]

There's 1 for sale at eBay for usd 99,99.

Ciao,
    Ans

9. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

And I thought I was a fan. I'm a piker when it comes to you guys! Fabulous!

10. Hi All! I've been an avid reader of this site for years. I've really enjoyed the love, the interest and support you've all demonstrated to CARPENTERS for such a long time. It's always wonderful to see posts from younger people under 35 who've discovered their musical magic along with posts who grew up with them like I did.

In the 1970's, I worked as the artist liaison at theatre where Karen & Richard performed three times. It was such a thrill for me to actually meet, work with and establish a professional friendship with my music idols. I treasure my memories and the items related to their careers and lives. In August 1976, after performing an incredible show, Karen walked off stage and handed me the drum sticks she performed with that night and gave me a hug. That remains as one of the happiest days in my life. Sitting through Karen's funeral was one of the saddest days of my life, but will always be grateful to have been there to say goodbye. Fortunately the music of CARPENTERS continues to live on decades later through the love and devotion of so many wonderful people who will never forget.

I thought I'd share a few of my special treasures with you all.

[Staff edit: links to images were not properly inserted.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  11. This is great but how to know if it really is the place, besides that things may have gone through that carpet just gives a bit of disgust hahahah :razz:, I publish another lp (There's a kind of hush Album) that I have that is from Uruguay and has a different cover.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. What is the name of the record & what label?

13. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

The details and pictures of the single can be found at the below link. The A-side is called “We’ll Be Together” and was recorded when Karen was 14. You won’t find a copy of it anywhere though, Richard and Karen only got one or two copies pressed in the outlet where she recorded it and he probably has the only copies.

Interesting Finds in the Mook Book

14. Sure would love to hear it though! I bet this is the tracks that Richard Referred to in an article that he said he had some things that Karen recorded when she was only 13 and she sounded kinda like a country singer! And if he ever released them that Karen would probably "haunt" him....

15. Ans, I have this one too. Gotta love those Carpenters Japanese compilation LP's (I have several of them) with different cover photos....

16. In some places very close but not enough to say she is a "soundalike", beside WE here should know by now there will only ever be just one KAREN CARPENTER!

17. newvillefan

I’d bet it’s this track too. Imagine trying to put a value on it?

18. newvillefan

I think Karen only owned three cars. Richard sold her red Jaguar but it’s possible he still has her Mercedes.

19. Nah, I loved seeing your collection, makes mine look damn skimpy, lol

20. The Canadian 2 LP set "Carpenters Collection" was issued with 2 different covers, the brown one was the first version & the second one was grey with a different photo, they used the same photo that is on the ICON CD release

21. newvillefan

This has been mentioned before, but the car @Chris May posted above is the same one Karen and Richard were sitting in on the cover of As Time Goes By.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  22. Amazing collection. I love that CD Box Set with all the 16 albums. I assume they carry the original artwork. Was it a worldwide release.

23. ars nova

ars nova Active Member

the family car used in the photo shoot was not a thunderbird, it was a satellite (sp?)