• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

Misael Castillo Lopez

A few pics from a photo shoot a few years back detailing some of my collection, along with several photos I personally took at Richard's warehouse of his prized automobiles. :)

View attachment 2590
View attachment 2591
View attachment 2592
View attachment 2593
View attachment 2594
Mr. Chris now I realize that you were entirely to blame, I saw your report in a california newspaper on the internet in 2015 spoke of your fanaticism by the Carpenters, I saw those photos and how you were born in me, wanting to have many things from Carpenters ..
At that time I had 5cd of them and now I have over 250 things between cd, lp's, 45, boxes among others, in addition to my family's desire to burn me every product I buy hahaha :uhhuh::uhhuh: regards...
(Carpenters inspired Chris May's music director career ) This was his article.

Ans de Vos

hi guys,

I pretty much buy anything to do with the carpenters and buy a lot from japan. just wondering if anyone else has this fantastic book from 1996 I bought from over there a few weeks back?
nearly 200 pages and whilst I don`t understand a single word in it, because it`s in Japanese, this book is full on almost every page, of beautiful photos of the carpenters, many I`ve never seen before. it`s pretty big as well at 29cm x 21cm and high gloss!

so it got me wondering about every-ones collections, excluding vinyl etc, whats the most rare, or interesting item you have?

-------------------------
Ahoy there,

This is the 2nd Mook published in 1996. There is a previous one, published in 1974. I had them both scanned and at the moment I'm posting the 1st one in Facebook in the group Close to the Carpenters.

I'd insert a photo if only I knew how.

Ciao,
Ans

LongAgo

Hi All! I've been an avid reader of this site for years. I've really enjoyed the love, the interest and support you've all demonstrated to CARPENTERS for such a long time. It's always wonderful to see posts from younger people under 35 who've discovered their musical magic along with posts who grew up with them like I did.

In the 1970's, I worked as the artist liaison at theatre where Karen & Richard performed three times. It was such a thrill for me to actually meet, work with and establish a professional friendship with my music idols. I treasure my memories and the items related to their careers and lives. In August 1976, after performing an incredible show, Karen walked off stage and handed me the drum sticks she performed with that night and gave me a hug. That remains as one of the happiest days in my life. Sitting through Karen's funeral was one of the saddest days of my life, but will always be grateful to have been there to say goodbye. Fortunately the music of CARPENTERS continues to live on decades later through the love and devotion of so many wonderful people who will never forget.

I thought I'd share a few of my special treasures with you all.

[Staff edit: links to images were not properly inserted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
What is the name of the record & what label?
The details and pictures of the single can be found at the below link. The A-side is called “We’ll Be Together” and was recorded when Karen was 14. You won’t find a copy of it anywhere though, Richard and Karen only got one or two copies pressed in the outlet where she recorded it and he probably has the only copies.

Interesting Finds in the Mook Book

The details and pictures of the single can be found at the below link. The A-side is called “We’ll Be Together” and was recorded when Karen was 14. You won’t find a copy of it anywhere though, Richard and Karen only got one or two copies pressed in the outlet where she recorded it and he probably has the only copies.

Interesting Finds in the Mook Book
Sure would love to hear it though! I bet this is the tracks that Richard Referred to in an article that he said he had some things that Karen recorded when she was only 13 and she sounded kinda like a country singer! And if he ever released them that Karen would probably "haunt" him....

here`s a `spooky` one for you, well, not sure spooky is the right word.
I`m the same as you and every single night, without fail, I go through all the new listings. I came across one the other night, others may have seen as well, but sometimes, I see these listings and can`t help myself, I know one thing, if I see the word RARE one more time ............ but hey, that`s another discussion :)

I came across a mirror someone was selling, just a normal mirror, but someone had stuck butterflies left & right of the mirror face and in the middle, the quote on Karen`s grave of `an angel on earth an angel in heaven`.
starting bid was £150 and I couldn't resist messaging, `how do you figure this is worth that`, just because the quote is related to Karen?
she messages me back, with the explanation about this mirror and her dad making it etc etc etc, and goes on to say she is a Karen Carpenter sound-a-like ( wow, now you have my attention )
she does this that and everything else, bla bla bla and ends the message TONI LEE.
so I puts her in YOUTUBE and its this lady below!
apparently, a Karen carpenter sound-a-like .................. IF YOU SAY SO :laugh::laugh::laugh:

In some places very close but not enough to say she is a "soundalike", beside WE here should know by now there will only ever be just one KAREN CARPENTER!

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Sure would love to hear it though! I bet this is the tracks that Richard Referred to in an article that he said he had some things that Karen recorded when she was only 13 and she sounded kinda like a country singer! And if he ever released them that Karen would probably "haunt" him....
I’d bet it’s this track too. Imagine trying to put a value on it?

Other bits

Ok, no more posts. I got a bit carried away :tongue:
The Canadian 2 LP set "Carpenters Collection" was issued with 2 different covers, the brown one was the first version & the second one was grey with a different photo, they used the same photo that is on the ICON CD release

Top Bottom