1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

RARE / INTERESTING STUFF.

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Chris May

Chris May Resident 'Carpenterologist' Moderator

He sure did...

Collage 4.jpg

Carpe diem likes this.
  2. Chris May

Chris May Resident 'Carpenterologist' Moderator

That's correct. At the time I took these, the Satellite had been stripped down because Richard sold the car, then decided he wanted it back! Some modifications had been made to the car during that time, so Richard stripped it and rebuilt it.

I have the rebuilt pics that Richard's mechanic Daniel sent me someplace but not sure where I put them. Note Mom and Pop Carpenter's initials on the license plate :wink:

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

3. The Karen Carpenter Story it's an official release ? Regards :)

4. Yes. It's a Japanese LaserDisc, officially released.

Misael Castillo Lopez likes this.
  5. Mr. Harry, was this movie ever available on DVD in Japan?
    Since playing LaserDisc is a proesa of the past ... Regards

6. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member Thread Starter

U.K
    just bought this off ebay .......... never seen one.

[​IMG]

`Original Promotional Display Board, for the Carpenters Album - Only Yesterday.

Full Colour on Thick Card, this item measure approx. 11.5" (29cm) x 8.25" (21cm). Board includes Dummy CD Case. Clean and Original - not repro copy, with Rear Strut for free-standing.`

7. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    ^^I have a CD that is very similar to that cover but mine is red colored with the same picture but mine is titled "their greatest hits"

8. There are multiple iterations of that CD. It originally was titled ONLY YESTERDAY and was later reissued with THEIR GREATEST HITS, white cover in the UK, red cover in Germany. I suspect there are others as well.

Only Yesterday – Their Greatest Hits

9. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

There it is! Karen's 350!! AWESOME!!! This collection HAS GOT to be on our itinerary for the 50th anniversary celebration. God bless you Richard Carpenter.

10. Nick

Nick Member

South Africa had a 2 volume collection. Vol. 1, Only Yesterday (white cover) and Vol. 2, Yesterday Once More (blue cover)

[​IMG]
    Volume 1 had the same track list but volume 2 had tacks such as I Nee To Be In Love, A Song For You, I'll Never Fall In Love Again, All You Get From Love Is A Love Song and Ave Maria.

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  11. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen or heard of these companion South Africa versions of this release. Does anyone have the tracklist of both? If volume 1 has the same tracks as the standard UK release, why would they repeat All You Get From Love Is A Love Song on volume 2?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  12. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Ignore me, I found the answer. The South African version of Only Yesterday is shorter. CD2 features some lovely album tracks. I love the juxtaposition between tracks 4 and 5 on the second collection. I Just Fall In Love Again followed by I'll Never Fall In Love Again :laugh:

Only Yesterday - Richard & Karen Carpenter's Greatest Hits (South Africa)
    1. Yesterday Once More (Remix)
    2. Superstar (Remix)
    3. Rainy Days And Mondays (Remix)
    4. Top Of The World (Single Mix)
    5. Ticket To Ride
    6. Goodbye To Love (Remix)
    7. This Masquerade
    8. Hurting Each Other
    9. We've Only Just Begun (Remix)
    10. Please Mr. Postman
    11. I Won't Last A Day Without You
    12. Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
    13. For All We Know
    14. (They Long To Be) Close To You
    15. Only Yesterday
    16. Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognised Anthem Of World Contact Day) (Remix)
    Label: A&M Records ‎– STARCD 5696
    Marketed & distributed by Teal Trutone Music
    Format: CD
    Released: 1990

Yesterday Once More - Richard & Karen Carpenter's Greatest Hits Vol. 2 (South Africa)
    1. Sing
    2. Sweet Sweet Smile
    3. There's A Kind Of Hush
    4. I Just Fall In Love Again
    5. I'll Never Fall In Love Again
    6. Make Believe It's Your First Time
    7. Touch Me When We're Dancing
    8. I Need To Be In Love
    9. It's Going To Take Sometime
    10. All You Get From Love Is A Love Song
    11. Ave Maria
    12. You