RAREST A&M RELEASES FROM THE FIRST ERA

KentTeffeteller

A note: The Best Of Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass A&M Dee-Jay Sampler does exist in Stereo. I own the Stereo version and it is true Stereo with the Stereo LP versions. I have the Mono "Beat Of The Brass" stock LP, paid $1 for my near mint copy, the only one I've ever seen in the wild.

rbisherw

I had the Stereo DJ sampler back in the day.

Also, had the original "Offering" cover. However, the LP inside was "Ticket to ride".

KentTeffeteller

That "Offering" cover with the "Ticket To Ride" LP may be a transitional copy. Some "Offering" covers they were using up, then the LP was retitled, and they ran out of records at the pressing plant. So you got a "Ticket To Ride" LP inside. Happens sometimes on occasion.

Michael Hagerty

That "Offering" cover with the "Ticket To Ride" LP may be a transitional copy. Some "Offering" covers they were using up, then the LP was retitled, and they ran out of records at the pressing plant. So you got a "Ticket To Ride" LP inside. Happens sometimes on occasion.
You'd think it would be pretty straightforward---"How many LPs are we pressing? That's how many jackets we need."

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
My suspicions are that somewhere along the line, someone found an OFFERING cover without the LP, and they shoved a TICKET TO RIDE LP inside.

Unless it was found sealed, this is the most likely scenario.

Top Bottom