Re-recording of Goodnight

andywithaz

I was going down the YouTube rabbit hole and landed on what I am assuming is Richard Carpenter’s official channel.

Anyway, I think I stumbled across a new recording of Goodnight unless I’ve totally forgotten it existed...or unless we discussed it years ago and I don’t remember.

It starts at 17:48.

Hi, razz42289. I thought that a couple of the mixes I heard here were fan creations, rather than Richard’s mixes. I also think the instruments on ‘Goodnight’ were computerised synthesisers, rather than the acoustic instruments that Richard would use. (I only listened to the beginning, though). The arrangement didn’t sound like a Richard arrangement, either. I could be wrong..... There’s still stuff here that is good to hear, though. :) Thanks for posting.

That’s not Richard’s YouTube channel, it’s a fan made channel. The recordings you hear are taken from a number of sources already available (mostly bootlegs); the solo tracks in particular have been digitally enhanced (e.g. new drum sounds added on top of the poor-quality recordings to make them sound finished) using Pro Tools or some similar software.

And the fan who did that is probably sitting back and laughing about the fact that someone else bought into the fiction...

That’s why I said “assuming”. I wasn’t fully sold it was his actual channel.
Sorry, Andrew, I wasn't picking on you. As kprather stated, it was the YouTube responders that caused my reaction.

It's a fairly well known fact by the regulars here that Richard doesn't participate in YouTube.

Sorry, Andrew, I wasn't picking on you. As kprather stated, it was the YouTube responders that caused my reaction.

It's a fairly well known fact by the regulars here that Richard doesn't participate in YouTube.
But he must not be too upset that someone is impersonating him there, as the channel has been up for years and he hasn’t had it removed.

But he must not be too upset that someone is impersonating him there, as the channel has been up for years and he hasn’t had it removed.
He's probably not aware of its existence. Richard spends ZERO time on computers.

Back
Top Bottom