Reading the comments on YouTube

Proudofyou

Such interesting comments, discussion, and insight into other fans of the work. I read one in particular that made my jaw drop....(I won't mention it). Anyway, does anyone else take the time to read that stuff? I could sit there all day and read them.

Such interesting comments, discussion, and insight into other fans of the work. I read one in particular that made my jaw drop....(I won't mention it). Anyway, does anyone else take the time to read that stuff? I could sit there all day and read them.

I often read the comments when I’ve watched a YouTube video. Like you, I could easily sit for hours doing it if time allowed. I’ve had some really good discussions with people and heard some interesting stories through doing so.

Of course, there are a few idiots who make cruel (usually personal rather than music related) comments and those who feel their opinion is definitive, but I guess that’s the same anywhere online.

I make it a habit to never read Youtube comments on Carpenters videos. Too many weirdos and too many people simply there for the tragedy.

YouTube has been around for over a decade now and some Carpenters-related material may have been up there since the beginning.

If it's a popular track then it may well have hundreds of comments, so I certainly wouldn't read beyond the first dozen or so and I ignore anything that's longer than a few short paragraphs and anything that's nasty for the sake of it.

If the grammar is terrible or there's little or no punctuation and so all you can see is a wall of text, then I'll probably give up.

I also ignore the comments that are more conversations between two or more users that have ended up as a slanging match. I've never understood how strangers find the time or the energy to argue with each other over the internet.

Generally I seem to find really nice comments, although it could be that the uploader deleted the nasty ones, but I like to read what other people think about Karen, Richard, the music and so on.

Concerning the duo's videos, I do read the comments. There are the stupid/insensitive comments usually directed towards Karen's anorexia, that I immediately dismiss and not give a second thought to. I have, however, been "moved" by some of the comments. General expressions of love. They usually state that Karen herself was an angel or sings like an angel. I cannot dispute either one of those observations...

I enjoy reading the comments, whatever video I am watching. For every strange comment on Carpenters videos, I find there are dozens and dozens of really positive ones that outweigh it. Someone left this comment on one of my Youtube uploads, which is now the most liked on that video:

"One of a kind voice, one of a kind delivery. Thank God the recordings of her beautiful voice remind us that a talent like hers, however briefly, was once here".

Back
Top Bottom