Red Skelton

Red Skelton was a comedic master along with Jackie Gleason and Dick Van Dyke in the 1960s. As a teenager in the 60s I grew up watching their TV shows. It was classic comedy for the entire family. Ah yes, the good old days.

You can sure tell that the latter two "Pre-recorded" Tijuana Brass songs were from the famous single #787, with the extra horn honks on "Taxi" and the shorter, crowd-filled "Zorba". It's hard to tell with "Shuffle" whether it was the single, but I suspect it was.

I don't know the answer to this, but has there ever been a recording act that performed BOTH sides of their single on network television, back-to-back?

Early 1966?
  • Herb has a fresh-faced, exciting look! Must be one of the earlier network TV appearances.
  • Hey, Lou's wearing his glasses!
  • The silly dancers suggest the producers don't feel that the band alone can hold viewer attention.
  • Wonder if Alan Copeland and Herb met backstage...in any event, it must be the same Alan Copeland Singers:
R-2797607-1301482523-jpeg.jpg

I don't know the answer to this, but has there ever been a recording act that performed BOTH sides of their single on network television, back-to-back?
This may not count, but The Beatles promotional film for their "double A" single, Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields Forever, was shown on Sullivan in early '67.

Back
Top Bottom