Rehearsal/Soundcheck Footage from Doc

TjbBmb

That was amazing footage of Herb and the band doing what appeared to be a sound check at one of the venues in 1966 from the documentary last night.

The director said Herb has 6 hours of footage like this that was filmed for a possible documentary at the time but ultimately nothing came if it.

I was in pure heaven watching the TJB just jam and being natural. Hopefully one day we will get to see more. We can’t let this go to waste! I wonder if there’s anything we can do to get this out there.

Suggestions appreciated!

Like the Burt song, "Wishin' and Hopin'." I'm sure that we'd all like to see more of this, but Herb has to want to put it out and it does have to be viable as a release. Let's hope that the huge positive vibe emanating from the release of the documentary, and the Box Set will be the impetus for release of more gems from Herb's vault!

I have long thought that a lot of artists could benefit from having a "vault" website where you could watch snippets from their careers, maybe listen to outtakes, demos or rehearsals, watch old TV specials, download writings (memories or behind-the-scenes stories) from the artist/band, etc. etc. The possibilities are endless. They need to get out of the mindset of releasing "packages" and instead look at doing things piecemeal. Maybe there could be a membership fee, which would unlock things to see. Items could be added in waves.

Any artist with a long career could really generate a lot of interest with something like this. Thinking outside of the standard box.

I don’t think Herb has any interest in releasing this type of stuff commercially. I’m just saying this stuff is important for historical reasons and should not be destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom