Reissues Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware, there are several versions of many of Herb's albums out there. Be careful as you place your order(s)! As I have noted previously, the new label is HERB ALPERT PRESENTS and they should have 2016 copyrights/release dates. CHRISTMAS ALBUM and WHIPPED CREAM have 2015 release dates and copyrights. I'll see if I can shortly put up a list of the new catalog numbers and UPC numbers.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware, there are several versions of many of Herb's albums out there. Be careful as you place your order(s)!
Exactly.

And if you are on Amazon (not sure about other retailers), make certain the description shows Herb Alpert Presents as the label. This is for the newest Whipped Cream CD:

upload_2016-7-29_10-33-33.png

Also, keep in mind the release date. Since Amazon will know the exact release date, and we know that September 9 is the official date, any purchase should have that date listed, like this listing for Lonely Bull:

upload_2016-7-29_10-35-7.png

This is why I will have direct links to Amazon for the correct versions--Amazon tracks UPCs via their own ASIN product numbers. Plus, a little known trick is that you can search Amazon using the ASIN or a UPC code to get directly to an item. Another trick is to look up the ASIN number (shown in the product details) on the Amazon US site, copy it, then paste it into one of Amazon's global sites. It should display the same item. (It should work similarly for the UPC number, unless the UPCs differ in certain countries.)

Play it safe out there. :wink:

At some point I got it into my head that most of the titles would be in vinyl also hence the confusion above. I knew that wasn't the case. Wishful thinking I guess. (And I wasn't even drinking.) :D

At some point I got it into my head that most of the titles would be in vinyl also hence the confusion above. I knew that wasn't the case. Wishful thinking I guess. (And I wasn't even drinking.) :D
Herb hasn't had an album of drinking songs, now that I think about it. :D

I'll be grateful for the few vinyl titles that are being released. The mastering on Whipped Cream and Christmas Album are superb. Come Fly With Me sounds quite good also.

"A-Me-Ri-Ca" from Volume 2 almost sounds like they were hitting the tequila a few times. :D

In fact,Herb had said "Volume 2" was NOT a Favorite album of his,mainly because of the intrusive Crowd noises throughout! Herb wanted them removed,but His label said "No",and that was that! BTW,did Herb do his own mix of this Lp this time 'round?

In fact,Herb had said "Volume 2" was NOT a Favorite album of his,mainly because of the intrusive Crowd noises throughout! Herb wanted them removed,but His label said "No",and that was that!

I highly doubt that is true, given the fact that Herb was co-owner of the label and had complete creative control over his recordings. He has said in interviews that the second album has a more metallic sound to it (due to the studio and engineering, mostly) and that's why he hasn't favored it.
BTW,did Herb do his own mix of this Lp this time 'round?
The album has been remastered by Bernie Grundman, who worked on most of the Tijuana Brass LPs and reports are that it has a warmer sound to it now...although it's not been made clear if Herb himself supervised the remaster, but he definitely gave his approval for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom