Repeated word song titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
How many can we name? The rules are: a song title with one word (or name) repeated.

Examples:

Monday, Monday - Mamas & Papas (as well as TJB)
Hello, Hello - Claudine Longet

How many more are there? (not just on A&M)

Harry
...wondering, wondering, online...

What about (arguably) the most famous- Louie Louie?? Or do both have to be pronounced identically? Lou-ee, Lou-ii....

Here's three from ABBA:

Ring, Ring
Honey, Honey
Money, Money, Money

The only other one I can think of right now is:

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy - Ohio Express

Murray

CORINNA, CORINNA...THE NO-NO SONG by Ringo Starr...IKO IKO...PLEASE PLEASE ME...BANG BANG[MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN...]...NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN...IT'S IN HIS KISS[THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG]...BYE-BYE BIRDIE...BYE-BYE BLACKBIRD...BLOW, GABRIEL, BLOW...

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
CORINNA, CORINNA...THE NO-NO SONG by Ringo Starr...IKO IKO...PLEASE PLEASE ME...BANG BANG[MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN...]...NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN...IT'S IN HIS KISS[THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG]...BYE-BYE BIRDIE...BYE-BYE BLACKBIRD...BLOW, GABRIEL, BLOW...

Dan

Yes, on "Corinna, Corrina" and "Iko Iko". "Bang, Bang" is OK if you exclude the subtitle. The others have other words in them. For this exercize, I was looking for just two-word titles, same word repeated. I should have been more precise.

Another one,

Cherry, Cherry - Neil Diamond.

Harry
...off to bed, bed, online...

How about the song "Talk Talk" by the band Talk Talk (incidentally from their debut LP, Talk Talk???

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
How about the song "Talk Talk" by the band Talk Talk (incidentally from their debut LP, Talk Talk???

--Mr Bill
Good song- was just used on a TV commercial for cellular phones.

Another in the same vein -- ie song/artist/album the same, not a repeated word: The song "Ice House" by the band Icehouse from their debut (US) album, Icehouse (yes, I know the band is called "Flowers" in their native Australia)...

--Mr Bill
Amused that Nick Lowe did an LP called Bowi after David Bowie did Low -- that sort of humor (playing on the missing "e") does it for me... Now off to the "Ignore Thread" for further amusement...

The official title of this KC & The Sunshine Band song is:

(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty

Here's more: Mony Mony - Tommy James & the Shondells, Woman, Woman - Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - Buckinghams (redo of a Cannonball Adderly hit, I believe), Wonderful! Wonderful! - Johnny Mathis.

There I go, showing my age again....

Plus a few others:
- "Stop Stop Stop" by The Hollies
- "Shame Shame" by the Magic Lanterns
- "Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong" by George Harrison
- "Say Say Say" by Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson
- "Jenny Jenny" by Little Richard
- "Sookie Sookie" by Steppenwolf
- "Cry Cry Cry" by Johnny Cash

I'm suprised nobody thought of "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies! :twitchy:

Dave

...who thinks Repeated-Word, should be HYPHENATED...

And more -

Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys
Run Run Run - The Who
Liar Liar - The Castaways
Turn! Turn! Turn! - The Byrds
Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
Darkness Darkness - The Youngbloods
Doctor, Doctor - Robert Palmer
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - Alice Cooper

And finally; Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Herb Alpert & the TJB (Thanks for this one, Neil!)

Haven't found many A&M titles that fill the bill - I guess that means their artists were more inventive in picking song titles??!!??

Latin American song, "Quizas, Quizas, Quizas", aka "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps".

Rudy said:
Latin American song, "Quizas, Quizas, Quizas", aka "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps".

Which reminds me of another one:

Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba

Harry

One it seems we've all overlooked, right on A&M!!! Both Herb Alpert and Burt Bacharach: "Promises Promises"

--Mr B
at home and with his record collection in reach...

Mr Bill said:
One it seems we've all overlooked, right on A&M!!! Both Herb Alpert and Burt Bacharach: "Promises Promises"[/size]

OH JEEZ!! (*smacks his head*)

Probably our biggest colossal brain fart.

Rudy said:
OH JEEZ!! (*smacks his head*)
Probably our biggest colossal brain fart.

Yep! A big ol' Homer Simpson "Doh!" on this one!

--Mr Bill

I actually thought of "Bo-Bo" the other day, and figured it was real close to qualifying here.

Harry
...smacking his head over the forgotten and obvious "Promises, Promises", online...

Sheesh...it's almost as bad as asking everyone to name some A&M artists and leaving out Herb Alpert! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom