Richard and Barry

As good as Manilow was with the ballads, I always liked his uptempo tunes the best. The ballads all sounded the same after a while. "Something's Comin' Up" from his second album is my favorite tune of his. But, haven't listened to him in a long, long time except on the oldies streaming channel.

Richard's ballads never came to the huge bombastic ending like Manilow's did (well, except "Goodbye to Love" but even that didn't have its bombast in the chorus, the way all Manilow's ballads did.) But who knows what could have been.

As good as Manilow was with the ballads, I always liked his uptempo tunes the best. The ballads all sounded the same after a while. "Something's Comin' Up" from his second album is my favorite tune of his. But, haven't listened to him in a long, long time except on the oldies streaming channel.

Richard's ballads never came to the huge bombastic ending like Manilow's did (well, except "Goodbye to Love" but even that didn't have its bombast in the chorus, the way all Manilow's ballads did.) But who knows what could have been.
I always thought the BL Mitchell single sounded a little like something Barry would have produced. It gets pretty grand in the end, similar to many of Manilow’s tunes.

Back
Top Bottom