1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Richard and Karen 1971 Grammys Interview

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by NowhereMan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Active Member Thread Starter

UT
  2. CarpentersToYou

CarpentersToYou What I feel has come and gone before...

Wow! What a fun listen! The marriage questions are hysterical! She calls Richard David once, no? These are the most random questions!!!!

3. Chris Mills

Chris Mills Well-Known Member

4. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    That was pretty cool, never heard that before, thanks for the link. I've actually never heard of this site before...but a quick search brought me to a quite different song name...Horizon (Time Stretched) I never in my life heard of anyone doing this before and to be honest it was weird but also mesmerizing at the same time. Here we have Karen's vocal slowed down to a level I never dreamed of hearing yet it has almost cosmic ethereal (Karen's voice was almost too perfect for this world and nothing compares) yet with it slowed down even her breathes take on a cosmic sound.

It's a long one but give it a couple jumps across the track to hear this unusual sound, melancholy expanded.

Solitaire ( Time Stretched) : Colin P. Wiggins : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Malu Makana, Greg, Nawvish74 and 2 others like this.
  5. ullalume

ullalume Well-Known Member

Too trippy man.

6. Chris Mills

Chris Mills Well-Known Member

That was epic, over 37 minutes long!

7. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That time-stretched clip reminds me of the 22-minute “Track 13” that was added to the end of Queen’s last studio album, Made In Heaven, released in 1995 four years after the death of lead singer Freddie Mercury. It was full of ethereal sounds overlaid with snippets of Freddie’s voice. Very weird to listen to. Hearing this took me right back to when I first heard that.

It was created by the the remaining members of Queen and their producer/engineer Dave Richards to symbolise Freddie’s life and what his ascent into heaven might have been like. Very spooky when you listen to it in the dark late at night.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Greg likes this.
  8. I'm a big Queen and never heard this before - it really sounds eerie. Especially as the last ever track that features Freddie. Parts of it remind of Angelo Badalamenti's Mulholland Drive score with the haunting strings. Coupled with those pictures it feels transcendent and otherworldly; which makes sense given that his soul had left earth.

newvillefan likes this.
  9. Greg

Greg New Member

I adore this.