🎤 Interview Richard Carpenter discusses new book on TalkShopLive, September 16 @ 7 p.m. Eastern

Chris, Mike, and Richard, thanks for putting the whole thing together. Hopefully, autographed copies will also be available in other countries. It would mean so much to fans who are unable to travel during this pandemic.

Hopefully richard does more of these live sessions after the book releases. For example he could do another where he focuses on the multi tracks sort of like what @Chris May did with we've only just begun.

Watched it live tonight, great show. I was not expecting it to be 90 mins long. I do wish Richard had more time to talk but I understand the format you guys were under. I think Mike needed an ear piece with an assistant who could watch the questions come in and then relay them back to Mike to avoid loss of time. I wished for more live questions. Still this was fascinating, thanks for allowing us to be apart of this broadcast. It really brings home just how much the Carpenters music has touched my life and will continue to do so.

I’m super super excited about Christmas Portrait getting the same audio treatment as the RPO album. I had no idea it was in the works but Richard says it will be released one way or the other. Sounds like it’s almost already completed. Maybe next Christmas.

Excellent program tonight!!

Great preview. Wish Richard felt more like chatting, lol. Can’t wait. Thank you Chris & Mike.

I just checked 3 sites that are carrying the new Richard Carpenter cd, but no vinyl or cassette available, lol, as he said in the video. Only Amazon Japan for vinyl. Hope that changes as it gets closer to release date????

Watched it live tonight, great show. I was not expecting it to be 90 mins long. I do wish Richard had more time to talk but I understand the format you guys were under. I think Mike needed an ear piece with an assistant who could watch the questions come in and then relay them back to Mike to avoid loss of time. I wished for more live questions. Still this was fascinating, thanks for allowing us to be apart of this broadcast. It really brings home just how much the Carpenters music has touched my life and will continue to do so.

I’m super super excited about Christmas Portrait getting the same audio treatment as the RPO album. I had no idea it was in the works but Richard says it will be released one way or the other. Sounds like it’s almost already completed. Maybe next Christmas.

rpo christmas albums will be a dream come true...!

Thank you, Richard, Mike & Chris! Wonderful show and very exciting for us fans. RC relaxed and looking good; you guys have a great rapport. Best news from this, apart from your forthcoming book, is Richard's comments on the possible RPO Christmas project!

I watched it this morning as I couldn't stay up to midnight. I'm very excited about the book, which looks like a typically high quality Carpenters product and I know how much work went into it. You can see from the glimpses we got. Unfortunately, I got an email from Amazon UK saying the delivery date is pushed back but I also ordered the kindle version as I am impatient.

I was glad to hear that there are plans for an RPO Christmas project, hopefully next Christmas??? but I really wished that Richard could've confirmed if there were any solid plans for a volume 2 of the non-Christmas music. He said that he purposely left tracks off the first one in case there was a second volume. I hope so, as that has quickly become one of my favourite albums. Something to look forward to in a couple of years, maybe?

That said, It's shaping up to be another Carpenters Christmas and I can't wait.

I wonder if Chris or Mike can elaborate on the RPO Christmas project? ... like how much work (if any) was actually completed pre-pandemic? I'm guessing that no recording sessions have yet taken place ... Thank you from the tired, bleary-eyed UK fans :)

Pray for next Christmas, Rick.
He’s already told us exactly what it is, and … we are losing it, we’re so psyched!

I watched it this morning as I couldn't stay up to midnight. I'm very excited about the book, which looks like a typically high quality Carpenters product and I know how much work went into it. You can see from the glimpses we got. Unfortunately, I got an email from Amazon UK saying the delivery date is pushed back but I also ordered the kindle version as I am impatient.

I was glad to hear that there are plans for an RPO Christmas project, hopefully next Christmas??? but I really wished that Richard could've confirmed if there were any solid plans for a volume 2 of the non-Christmas music. He said that he purposely left tracks off the first one in case there was a second volume. I hope so, as that has quickly become one of my favourite albums. Something to look forward to in a couple of years, maybe?

That said, It's shaping up to be another Carpenters Christmas and I can't wait.
💕

I've been really busy the past few days - I knew I would be! - so I've only caught about two seconds of the video just to see if it would work. With doctors appointments today, I hope to have more time over the weekend. It looks like it was a fabulous time for all.

Congrats as we get closer to "book time"!

Back
Top Bottom