🎤 Interview Richard Carpenter discusses new book on TalkShopLive, September 16 @ 7 p.m. Eastern

Interesting...if that's the case it sounds like Christmas Portrait as a whole will sound very different from the original release. I thought he was essentially leaving the album the way it was except for cleaning up the audio such as getting rid of noise and reverb yet bringing Karen up in the mix. I'm not sure how I feel about changing the entire sound of the original Christmas Portrait. If you just listen to MCD from the RPO although it's the same vocal of Karen, the entire song changes feel with the additions of the RPO and to me wouldn't seem to fit into the original CP album as a whole.
Well, we have time between now and next year. Anything can happen between now and then! We'll have to just wait and see. :)

Now that the book has been pushed back to November, is there a possibility of another live event with Richard next month? It would be cool to get some additional questions from the fans.
Amazon just alerted me to it. I was about to cancel with Amazon but now that I know it's that way across the board, I'll just go with it.

Ed

Well, what is the story behind the Christmas Portrait flyer?! I have a feeling it wasn't just random happenstance. An allusion to Richard's exciting but vague announcement or something deeper still? Chris May is teasing us ... :shh:

The conspiracy to withhold information in here is something I honestly never thought I'd see here. Chris is quite obviously signaling something to someone with that pinky. However, the smoking gun is the amount of hairs on the third finger of his other hand. I can't believe you're all missing this! If you zoom in further, you can see exactly 8 hairs (the others have been carefully trimmed away). That obviously means we'll get the new album 8 weeks. I mean...why has this been made so difficult? It's literally right in front of us!

Look, Chris. I hate to be this direct but this evasive posturing simply CANNOT CONTINUE! I figured it out. You might as well just tell us, gosh darn it all to heck! We deserve better and how DARE you hold out on us...unlessofcourseyouwantittoandifyoudotheresreallynothingwecandoaboutit.

Ed

The conspiracy to withhold information in here is something I honestly never thought I'd see here. Chris is quite obviously signaling something to someone with that pinky. However, the smoking gun is the amount of hairs on the third finger of his other hand. I can't believe you're all missing this! If you zoom in further, you can see exactly 8 hairs (the others have been carefully trimmed away). That obviously means we'll get the new album 8 weeks. I mean...why has this been made so difficult? It's literally right in front of us!

Look, Chris. I hate to be this direct but this evasive posturing simply CANNOT CONTINUE! I figured it out. You might as well just tell us, gosh darn it all to heck! We deserve better and how DARE you hold out on us...unlessofcourseyouwantittoandifyoudotheresreallynothingwecandoaboutit.

Ed
Hahahaha! Alright, Ed—the government would never allow me to disclose such highly classified intel... surely you understand :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom