Richard Carpenter full concert October 2nd CPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

Richard Carpenter will perform his first full length concert in many years on October 2nd, 2004. It's the 10th anniversary of the Carpenter Performing Arts Center, and Richard will perform his own concert in Long Beach, California.

He has performed mini five song sets at the last two Top of the World benefits, but this is his first full length concert since the late 90's. At the time, he was getting ready to tour Japan in support of of his instrumental album. He did a preview concert at the center.

Let's hope this concert will kick off more performing from Richard, and maybe celebrate the release of his long awaited Christmas album. (we can only hope).

Tickets go on sale August 1st.

Jeff, wondering where could I check into getting tickets for this concert?
We might be doing some vacationing out West about that time and MAYBE we'd be able to go. I would love to be at the concert!! Thanks Tim.

I'm looking forward to hitting CPAC for the first time. It would be fun to put a face to some of you guys/girls. Time to set my sets on another LA holiday. Thanks for the ticket info. I was out of obsession.

Jeff

Would the Carpenters exhibit be open on the same weekend of this concert? I noticed on the calander it shows open on the first weekend of the month of June but doesn't seem to be the same each month, is it only selected months?

Edit, Oh how far would the airport be from the concert? What airport would be the closest to fly into for this concert?

...wondering if this trip may be possible, online...

The Carpenters Exhibit it usually open for viewing at all major CPAC events so I am sure it would be for this -- a big anniversary celebration.

Long Beach has a nice, small airport just minutes from the Center. In fact, the one time I flew in to Long Beach we came so close over top of the CPAC I could read the silver lettering on the building from the plane!

Most times I am able to find cheaper flights into other Los Angeles airports though.

This should be an awesome night! Richard's last full concert was 1998...

Randy

Oh so there is a airport in Long Beach. Wonder if this is a large enough airport that a flight could be booked from the east coast to go into? Or would I be changing planes to get into this airport?

I also see there is a Long Beach Marriott Hotel that says it is 0 miles from Long Beach airport so that would be close.

Hi Jeff,

Long time C's fan here. I am new to this board and this is my first post.

Where did you first hear about this? I am a member of the CPAC and I'm surprised Peter Lesnik hasn't mentioned this to me.

Thanks,
Joe P.

I am on the mailing list for the Center. They sent out a beautiful full color listing of the 2004/2005 season.

In addition to Richard, the center has a wide array of acts from Sandra Bernhardt to Pat Boone.

Also, I called the center to double check when tickets go on sale, and they offered to take my order for Richard now. They will ship the tickets when they go on sale. Pretty nice of them.

i'm seriously consifering going to the concert. yeh it's a pretty long journey from irieland , but my sister lives in colarado so maybe i could make it part of a trip out to see her... really wanna go!!!!

gráinne

Last time I was in Long Beach was 15 years ago! Perhaps it's about time to re-visit & enjoy the concert too.

Kenny

Fab news .....TOTW benefit performances are always interesting and varied ....but Richard performing full length concert with orchestra and ideally CSULB choir ....is the full treat :)

After Carpenters Live performances....Richard's are the best for fans and music lovers :D

Great way to celebrate CPAC 10th Anniversary ...... :angel:

Peter

PJ said:
Fab news .....TOTW benefit performances are always interesting and varied ....but Richard performing full length concert with orchestra and ideally CSULB choir ....is the full treat :)

After Carpenters Live performances....Richard's are the best for fans and music lovers :D

Great way to celebrate CPAC 10th Anniversary ...... :angel:

Peter

Is this the Peter who rode with us in the van I rented, for the C's tour I organized with the Japanese fans in Feb 2004?

If it is, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Joe P.

Hi Joe,

Previous messages must have disappeared somewhere ....! :confused:

Will forward PM with more success .... :wink:

Peter

An update on the October 2nd event at the Carpenter Center:

According to Richard's assistant, Richard will appear in a "musical performance" at the 10th birthday of CPAC. They have yet to confirm the "main act", however, CPAC is in contract negotiations with a celebrity that Richard really likes.

I hate to bring the bad news, but it sounds like this is not to be a FULL Richard concert after all. I have asked for his assistant to provide more details via the official website when available.

:sad:

Randy

I hate to bring the bad news, but it sounds like this is not to be a FULL Richard concert after all. I have asked for his assistant to provide more details via the official website when available.

:sad:

Randy[/quote]

Remember Peter Lesnik & then manager David Alley mentioning at TOTW 2 benefit (March 2004) that Richard would be performing / contributing towards CPAC 10th Anniversary celebrations ....but no mention of a full length RC concert(s) :confused:

Still these are special events to mark this wonderful Arts Center's Anniversary and should include some great talents :cool:

Had Richard's Christmas album been confirmed for release October / November 2004 then Richard would have been more likely to perform CPAC concerts and consider further non-LA live dates ....probably now likely in 2005..... :wink:

Peter

Just to add more information, below is the email I received regarding Richard's apperance.

Hello,
The 10th birthday of the Richard and Karen Carpenter Performing Arts Center is being celebrated October 2, 2004. The featured act is now confirmed, but I'll let CPAC make that announcement officially! You can call the CPAC Box Office - 562-985-7000 - to get the latest, and most accurate, information on the event.
Hope to see you there!
Becky
Personal Assistant to Richard Carpenter

I also pulled out the actual description from the advertisement sent to previous subscribers:

"Richard Carpenter"
Join us for a sparkling evening featuring a special musical apperance by Grammy award winner Richard Carpenter, the founding benefactor of the Carpenter Center. He has been an active supporter of our performances and educational activities. We are honored to have him open our new season, and introduce our new look, along with Richard's music". $45.00 for adults $40.00 for students. October 2nd, 2004 8pm.

It looks like it will be Bob Newhart sharing the bill with Richard on the
October 2nd anniversary show at the Carpenter Center. It is listed on
Newhart's own site but with no details.

I will wait to hear how much involvement Richard will actually have in the show before deciding whether or not it's worth attending. (Of course it would be worth attending -- but maybe not jetting halfway across the country!)

Remember Richard's assistant said they were in contract negotiations with a celebrity that Richard really likes. Did anyone know RC was a fan of Newhart? I guess I can see that...

Randy

JAZZ4JEFF said:
There is now a listing for the Richard Carpenter concert on the Center's web site. There is no mention of another performer, or Bob Newhart. However, Newhart would be quite an opening act.

Here is the link:

http://www.carpenterarts.org/artist.asp?ID=1

That's a pretty vague description, just like the CPAC season schedule I received in the mail :confused:

I guess we will all have to wait and see what unfolds. RC should simply give Carpenters fans what they want; a full concert with all the trimmings like he did for the Japanese in 1996-97.

I'm a wishful thinker, huh?

Joe,

Sure Richard will undertake more full length concerts in 2005 / 2006 with another solo or production release :cool:

Richard has wanted to be very much hands-on father to 5 children and this has been a priority :)

CPAC 10th birthday celebrations are something to look forward to -are there any other events / concerts planned for this Anniversary :?:

Peter

My tickets are ordered! Strange that I live in So. Cal and have NEVER been to the Performing Art's Center. I've seen Richard in concert twice before, so I guess it never was urgent that I go. Also, if the Bob Newhart rumor is true, then that would be great as I love his comedy! Would love to see the "From This Moment On" piece with special appearence by Karen that was so roundly acclaimed from a past concert. Sounded like that was way cool!

Hope to meet some of you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom