Richard Carpenter's UK Promotional Tour 2019*

Watching it now...

The RPO album has gone silver and Richard has just been presented with a presentation disc.

Didn’t think much of the tuneless idiots they used to introduce him and not sure many of them knew who the Carpenters are, but they are devoting a lot of time to Richard.

I enjoyed that.The silver award presentation and then the impromtu tribute to Scott Walker of The sun ain't gonna shine anymore' by Richard on piano was nice.
Also Simon pictured with his wall covered in records made me smile.Good collection and great display.

Thanks !!! That photo was taken on Friday - I'm 18.

I couldn't believe it was shown !!!

Richard seemed genuinely touched seeing your photo and I think he was really moved by the video message from ‘Vanessa from Suffolk’.

The messages the show received were all very nice, but those two really stood out for me.

I just checked Amazon UK again after browsing the site this afternoon.Since the show aired the RPO cd is currently sold out as is The Ultimate collection and gold(2002 version).

What is a concern after watching the One Show and seeing the promotion Richard is putting into the RPO album. To see that Amazon has sold out is either a great sign or a worrying insight to a lack of accordination between the promotional tour and product availability. I hope to see this album back in the upper end of the chart by Friday

The physical CD is a preferred buying option for some and I hope they do not end up disappointed by the lack of availability. The RPO concept is a great one and to get Richard onboard for any future albums. Sales are always a factor. It’s great to have carpenter albums in the charts again.

Not sure if there should be a seperate thread for Richards UK promotion trip with other appearances/Filmed interviews/Radio etc ? but i'm sure Lorraine Kelly just said at the end of her show that Richard will be on tomorrows show(Wednesday).

Yes he'll be on Lorraine tomorrow. Today he's recording radio interviews. Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Richard's UK promotional trip March 2019" or something so we can keep it all together... The appearances, the reaction and the charts ect.

Back
Top Bottom