Richard Carpenter's UK Promotional Tour 2019*

Amazon has new stock for March 27th for RPO album on CD :dancing:

Hopefully we’ll be looking at a new chart peak position very soon

I saw Richard on the One show which I recorded and thought it was very well done. They showed a clip of the 1971 BBC concert and some footage of Richard with the RPO orchestra. I wonder if any special magazines or merchandise will be released in celebration of the 50th anniversary?

So Simon, How do you have your items stuck to the walls?

This is going to sound more violent and damaging then it actually is... Nails & blue tac !

So the records themselves are held up with a nail on the wall. The LP is resting on the nail through the hole in the center.

The sleeves are resting on two nails on the bottom left & right with blu tac on the top backs holding them to the wall. (The blue tac just rolls off into a ball if I wanted to remove it - doesn't damage them)

So great to see Richard on this show, thanks from one of us (me) in the "colonies" for making sure we knew about/heard/saw this interview appearance by Richard.

Richard seemed somewhat nervous, not sure if anyone else mentioned that here. He was definitely moved by some of the things he heard about fans whose lives were impacted by the Carpenters music.

And YES, Simon is now a part of the Carpenters legend. Imagine over the years to come how many C's fans will see your collection when they spool up that video of the show - and be jealous - like me! :uhhuh: Happy for you, Simon!

Oh c'mon. I'm sitting here watching Richard sit next to a pool player and I'm in tears so happy. Such great memories growing up with all that music. Richard, please just show up everywhere and talk about anything. Whatever. (just no politics). :)

RPO has dropped down to #2 on iTunes (but RC will be live on Lorraine in just over an hour - I'm going to miss it - I need to get to college :thumbsdn:) hopefully his tv and radio appearances today (Steve Wright in The Afternoon, BBC Radio 2 from 2pm) will boost it back up to #1.

It's still at #1 on Amazon (and I've noticed they've put the price up from £6.99 to £10 - sneaky!)

This is looking good for the Official Charts on Friday - I see Gold on the Horizon:goodie::)

Re: The One Show ... You have to feel for Richard; he was probably pretty tired from travelling and is then faced, live, with the chaotic nature of this show. Then, one presenter with a strong North east accent and the other with a strong South Wales accent firing daft questions at him at breakneck speed. Next up, the very Scottish Lorraine Kelly. Arrgghh!

Richard seemed somewhat nervous, not sure if anyone else mentioned that here.

Then, one presenter with a strong North east accent and the other with a strong South Wales accent firing daft questions at him at breakneck speed. Next up, the very Scottish Lorraine Kelly. Arrgghh![/QUOTE]

If you think that’s a strong North East accent you should come and visit my home town :laugh:

Lorraine Kelly is one of the worst presenters on British TV - she has an annoying high pitched voice, interrupts her guests before they have finished answering the question and is so politely condescending I want to punch the TV screen. Goodness knows what Richard will make of her.

Interesting as usual.Richard on Lorraine seems in quite a happy place but does understandably get emotional when talking of Karen.
I like how Lorraine asked for a volume 2 as there are so many more Carpenters songs to get the RPO versions of.
I also like how Karen was called a Pioneer as a female drummer.How Richard said Karens voice never changed while drumming and singing together.Need to watch it again on itv plus one channel in an hour.

I think Richard will be pleased that the banner on screen read ‘ Singer Richard Carpenter’ not piano player

Something of a revelation from a Richard to quote “his kids have never listened to most of their music” they know the big ones but that’s it!

Then, one presenter with a strong North east accent and the other with a strong South Wales accent firing daft questions at him at breakneck speed. Next up, the very Scottish Lorraine Kelly. Arrgghh!

If you think that’s a strong North East accent you should come and visit my home town :laugh:

Lorraine Kelly is one of the worst presenters on British TV - she has an annoying high pitched voice, interrupts her guests before they have finished answering the question and is so politely condescending I want to punch the TV screen. Goodness knows what Richard will make of her.

The Good Morning Britain show is pretty inane TV, although I'm sure it gets good ratings. I'm sure Lorraine Kelly is a very nice person in real life. As you may have read in the news recently, she just plays a very annoying persona (confusingly also called 'Lorraine Kelly') on TV - or at least that what her lawyer claimed so that she could avoid paying a £1 million tax bill!:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/lorr...he-is-theatrical-artist-and-not-itv-employee/

Last edited:
I notice Amazon UK appear to have restocked.Ultimate collection has sold out again but RPO is stocked.Also Voice of the heart is selling on cd as numbers are down to 13.Collected 3 cd set has also reappeared.
Just listening to Steve Wright now on radio 2 for Richard.

Looks like Richards appearance on Lorraine has pushed the RPO album back to #1 !

So that's almost 3 days of the album being at #1 on iTunes and #1 on Amazon... A promising sign for the Official Charts on Friday !

The Steve wright interview was interesting.
Richard said there is a possibility of RPO 2 if the original sells well.
He also said that he is going to mix his new songs/tracks on return home to the States when asked if he still writes or composes.

I find that Instagram page so odd and out of sync. Ever since December it seems like it's not actually Richard posting. His secretary gave me his schedule to pass on to fans and it ended this morning ! He's now going back to California. I think the Universal team must have taken over his Instagram which is quite sad even if it was only Colin posting originally (as a few suspected)

Back
Top Bottom