Richard Double CD Live In Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely bootleg.:evil:
I've been to this concert in Japan.
This item should be deleted for copyrighted materials.
I know they wouldn't stop doing this, though. :oops:

The seller got this material from a Japanese fan, I guess.

Hi

I realised this was a bootleg from the cover art; they have blatantly used the Carpenters logo and erased the last 's'!! How cheeky!

Still curious as to the origins of some of the tracks though - might they be Bettis/Carpenter compositions. I remember vaguely someone saying there was a track recorded in 1982 with Richard's lead, called either 'Stop Me' or 'Hold Me', wondering if this was resurrected for his 88 concerts.

ALSO: what of the claims chronicled elsewhere by Joe Osborne that there were about 40 recordings from 1982 still sitting in the vaults somewhere? Wishful thinking probably: I doubt whether Karen could have recorded that many leads in two weeks!! Maybe they are just backing tracks Richard had prepared for her brief return in 1982, hoping they would get through more than they ultimately did.

Stephen

This is a Great Live Concert with Richard & Akiko in 1988.

How Could , Hold Me and Rainbow are From Akiko's Richard Produced Album City Of Angels (1988) -a Fine Album :)

Really Richard Should Mix / Master Solo Live Set as Part of His A&M / Universal Contract as Several Solo Concerts have Fantastic Performances , Sound , Atmosphere and Many Live Rarities:cool:

Perhaps Richard will Record TV / Radio Specials in 2004 With New Songs, Favourite Original Tracks, Work With Akiko / Jo 'Meara etc on VH1 or Another Music Cable Channel -Really BBC Would be The Best Choice :)

Peter .....Live Favourites......

Stephen,

Was Joe Osborn Source -Another Website ?

Probably Osborn Referred to Richard's Work Autumn 1982 into Early 1983 Writing Many New Original Songs with John Bettis & Arranging Other Material For the Planned Carpenters Album Sessions , Due to Commence February 1983 :)

In Love Alone is the Only Carpenter / Bettis Song to Emerge From this Period on TIME (1987) Album -Richard Will have Some Demos , Backing Tracks etc , But Unlikely to Include Karen Work Leads .....Unless Some Were Done December 1982 & Richard is Keeping Very Quiet About These Recordings :wink:

If Any Do Exist -Doubt These Will Ever Be Issued .....These Last Tracks are Still Too Close / Emotional For Richard and the Might Have Been Album(s)/ Music Lost Forever...... :sad:

Peter

Hi Peter

Yes this source was another website, I didn't quote it because I can't remember it!

From memory it was an interview with Joe Osbourne, might even have been his own website. There are a few transcribes on his site of interviews he did, I'll check it out.

Stephen

Stephen-the 40 tracks sitting in the vaults do exist.The interview with Joe Osborn was done for MODERN DRUMMER magazine several years ago.(the article was a tribute to Karen-who happened to be a drummer!).The 40 tracks he mentioned were actually outtakes from MADE IN AMERICA in 1981 and outtakes from the final session in 1982.There were approximately 30-35 tracks recorded for the massive MADE IN AMERICA sessions,and approximately 10-12 tracks in March-April 1982(with Richard doing lead vocals on 2 or 3).Those are the tracks that Joe was referring to in the article.Only 15 of those MADE IN AMERICA tracks have been released(on 3 albums),and only 2 released from the final session.("Now","Your Enough").Absolutely no recording was done after April,1982.

PJ said:
How Could , Hold Me and Rainbow are From Akiko's Richard Produced Album City Of Angels (1988) -a Fine Album :)

Actually, they're from the Akiko album, which plays a lot like a late '80s Carpenters album might have sounded. Released on Voss Records in 1989, it contained two Richard Carpenter compositions, one with John Bettis, and one with latter-day writing partner Pamela Phillips Oland.

Akiko
Akiko Kobayashi
Voss Records
VCD2-72901

Musical personnel on the album reads a lot like a Carpenters album too:

Bass: Joe Osborn
Drum: Paul Leim
Keyboards: Richard Carpenter
Guitars: Tim May
Oboe: Earle Dumler
Percussion: Paulinho Da Costa
Tenor Sax: Joel Peskin
Synthesizer programming: Jim Cox
Flugelhorn: Ron Gorow
Backing Vocals: Richard Carpenter & Akiko

Recorded at A&M Recording Studios, Cherokee Recording Studios, Westlake Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA, and The Evergreen Scoring Stage, Studio City, CA
Recording Engineer: Roger Young
Mixed at A&M Recording Studios
Mixing Engineers: Roger Young and Tony Peluso
Mastered by: Arnie Acosta at A&M Mastering Studios

Songs:

Rainbow, Rainbow (Akiko)
Put Another Memory On The Fire (J.Curiale-B.Rothstein-J.Keller-J.Colluci)
Hold Me (Joey Carbone)
How Could I Ask For More? (R.Carpenter-J.Bettis)
Beg, Borrow & Steal (R.Lerner-T.Harriman)
Let's Fall In Love Forever (P.Phillips Oland-Randall Rumage)
Suddenly Love (P.Phillips Oland-Akiko)
China River (Akiko)
Only The Angels Know (Dean Pitchford-Michael Gore)
The Reply (P.Phillips Oland-R.Carpenter)

Much of the album is sung in Japanese, though some are in English, and some are a mixture. Akiko at times, spookily sounds like Karen Carpenter, especially on the overdubbed backing vocals.

Harry
NP: Akiko

PJ,
Do you know how many of these 1982 tracks, and even the ones recorded for Made in America, have finished vocals?
I heard Karen did a great vocal on "I Dont Need You", the Kenny Rogers song...
Mark

PJ said:

Harry said:
Actually, they're from the Akiko album, which plays a lot like a late '80s Carpenters album might have sounded.

Akiko's album was titled "City of Angels" in Japan, and simply "Akiko" in the USA, so you're both right! :D

Murray

I was thinking "Hey, I have a DJ version of this CD from Japan- and it says City of Angels"???
Murray, thanks for clearing this up!
Mark

Yes, Murray, thanks. I didn't know it went under two different titles. You learn something new every day.

Harry

Thanks....Me Too ! -I Always Understood City of Angels Was the Only Album Title -We Keep Learning New Details Every Week...... :o

Peter

Mark ,

Re : Unissued 1980's Vault Recordings from Richard Interviews and Answers to Fans Questions , 15 Tracks Have Been Released 1981 > 2001
on 4 Studio Sets :)

Richard Has Stated That MIA Outtakes -approx 15 to 18 Extra Songs -About 6 have No Lead or Work Leads -Backing Tracks Only :sad:

1982 Outtakes number Approx 6 With Leads -Richard Has 2 / 3 Lead Male Vocals ..... a Surprise After Limiting His Leads 1974 > 1978 with Exception of Christmas Tracks and Some Live Songs :o

Richard Could Compile One 1980's Studio Album of Good Tracks and Complete Another Studio Set of Earlier Recordings , Including Thank You For The Music , Why Don't They Understand , Some Horizon , Passage Outtakes etc :)

Phil Ramone Could Complete Another Karen Solo Set ....With Richard Completing Something's Missing as A Personal Favourite :)

Other Rarities and Live Sets Could Be Completed and Issued :)

Lots of Possibilities ....Dependent Upon Richard , Music Demand and Universal ....... :confused:

Peter

PJ said:
Stephen,

Was Joe Osborn Source -Another Website ?

I think Stephen read:

According to Joe Osborn, there are still about forty tracks recorded last year that are yet to be released.

Peter, you can read the article on Pamela's website.

But according to Universal Music Japan, Richard thinks that songs which Carpenters recorded in studio had almost been released till "as time goes by" . We may be able to expect songs in live rather than songs recorded in studio.

Sakura

Thanks you two, for the good info.
Hopefully, Richard has some "Karen" projects in the works...
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom