• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Richard & Dusty

Just found this recently uploaded clip of Claire Dela Fuente performing "Something In Your Eyes" live on ASAP Music Room (which appears to be a TV show?), followed by an interview with her and Richard. He answers a couple questions I (and several others here) have asked related to this song:

1. "Something In Your Eyes" was indeed written several years AFTER Karen's passing, and therefore was never intended to be performed by her.
2. Pamela Phillips Oland was the sole lyricist for this song - John Bettis had no involvement - and probably neither did Cynthia Weil or Tom Snow, as the Wikipedia article states.

I had no idea this clip existed - I think this is the first time it has surfaced.

I have always liked this song by Dusty. When it was released, it got a lot of airplay here on both AM and FM radio so I heard it many times.
I found the Time album as a cutout and bought it primarily for that song. I wish it was included on either of the compilations sets that I have by Dusty.

Some nice footage of Richard and Dusty in the studio, including clips of Dusty singing 'Something In Your Eyes', that I've never seen before.

You'll find it on this 1996 compilation only. CD 2, track 2.

IMG_8195.jpeg
IMG_8196.jpeg
This also has three tracks from the hard-to-find ‘It Begins Again’ album from 1977 / 1978.

I know that Anne Murray is a great Dusty fan. She also recorded two or three of the songs that happen to appear on this set.

Marcia Hines, who had a hit with Karen’s ‘Something’s Missing’ (In My Life)’, also had a hit with ‘Your Love Still Brings Me To My Knees’, which appears here recorded by Dusty and released ‘Baby Blue’ as a single, too.

Just some observations.

It Begins Again and Living Without Your Love was recently re-released on CD by a French company (I think.) I bought a copy of it (just for completeness.)

Something In Your Eyes is also included in the Box set "Simply Dusty."

I have the Something Special CD. I listen to it often. It includes some previously unreleased tracks. Some foreign Language tracks. All on Disk one. All the songs on Disc 2 are from various albums. Disc 1 has some too. Haven't done an exhaustive search, but this might be the only collection that has "A Song For You" and "You Set My Dreams To Music." I skimmed the tracks on Goin' Back The Definitive Collection but didn't see them listed there.

It Begins Again and Living Without Your Love was recently re-released on CD by a French company (I think.) I bought a copy of it (just for completeness.)

Something In Your Eyes is also included in the Box set "Simply Dusty."

I have the Something Special CD. I listen to it often. It includes some previously unreleased tracks. Some foreign Language tracks. All on Disk one. All the songs on Disc 2 are from various albums. Disc 1 has some too. Haven't done an exhaustive search, but this might be the only collection that has "A Song For You" and "You Set My Dreams To Music." I skimmed the tracks on Goin' Back The Definitive Collection but didn't see them listed there.
Thanks, 3Favorites. I’ve seen ‘It Begins Again’ from Switzerland but suspected it was an unauthorised bootleg so steered clear of that one. Not sure if that’s the one you meant.

9797159F-309A-46F4-8EB7-02E116A12BCE.jpeg

Yes. That was the CD I bought. Never even crossed my mind that it could be bootleg. Would Amazon sell bootleg?

Anyway, I listened to the first song and it sounded great to me.

There have been several releases by Lesley Gore from Switzerland as well, including The Stereo Singles Collection, a 3 CD offering.

I guess I thought a French company had produced them. But I checked and they were all from Switzerland.

Back
Top Bottom