⭐ Official Review Rise [Herb Alpert]

Cross-posting from my other forum.

The Alfa Records CD (38XB-6) blows everything else I've heard out of the water.

Here is the waveform after SoX de-emphasis was applied.

e9COjPE.png

For those of you who want to hear “Rise” without peak limiting:

The current remaster is true to the sound of the original release--@badazz restored Herb's entire catalog to that standard, so I know it's "pure" and not doctored with. The original LP pressing I own and played dozens of times over the past few decades, and the old A&M Audiophile pressing I replaced it with sounds identical, but on cleaner vinyl. So that's my reference point. 🙂

I have no issue with any of the many versions of RISE that I own, well, except for the juggling of tracks on the Shout! issue, but even that's not a big deal.

The current remaster is true to the sound of the original release--@badazz restored Herb's entire catalog to that standard, so I know it's "pure" and not doctored with. The original LP pressing I own and played dozens of times over the past few decades, and the old A&M Audiophile pressing I replaced it with sounds identical, but on cleaner vinyl. So that's my reference point. 🙂
The HD version on Qobuz is peak limited. :)

On page 9 of the Shout Factory booklet: "Alpert has always noted if Rise had not been a success there would be no subsequent album."

That is odd since he and Jerry were noted for sticking with an artist; obvious example - the first Carpenters album vs. the second.

And, in his own case, Volume 2 wasn't as big as The Lonely Bull at the time of its release, and then a little later things really took off with album #3.

It's late at night; mind is wandering.

Back
Top Bottom