Rise Marimba Track

Well, now we know how that one guy who posted here a while back was able to do that awesome remix!

At first I thought the L and R were reversed... But that's because as a marimba player I am "behind" the instrument.... This is correct of you're in front of it! :laugh:

--Mr Bill

He must of gotten the original marimba track, no? There appears to be parts that were edited out.

I don't know... this seems to be the FULL marimba part, including parts that Herb (and Randy/Andy) may have mixed down (out) of the final released version.... I've played this along with my album and (aside from a slight time slippage), it's pretty much Julius's part completely isolated. An it IS AWESOME!

I'm just amazed at how "isolated" the track is if Herb had all the musicians together at once. Even the best "isolation" booths have some degree of bleed through. My church album had each of us recorded individually and that would've been the only way I can see to isolate each instrument..

--Mr Bill

You CAN faintly hear the opening synth strike at the start of the cut. But the rest is surprisingly isolated.

Wow, that is an eye opener. I wish there was a way to hear this with only the rest of the Rise rhythm section added.

Julius is known to have disliked the song. I wonder if he added some of the embellishments on his own?

Very revealing and fun to hear Julius's virtuosity on the Marimba he could have done a BMB rearrangement Rise as the BMB was regrouping at this point. But then again as mentioned He was known to dislike "Rise" which is unfortunate

Where did it come from and how did he do it is my question. 😱

Doing a little bit of research, I've come up with what I believe is the answer. Back in 2016, when the RISE album was being re-issued on Herb Alpert Presents, there was also a digital EP called the RISE REMIX EP. It had six remixes of the song plus the original and was only released digitally. I think the marimba track is from the one called the Randy Badazz Raw Funk Mix. The YouTube poster then used some rather good digital extraction audio tools to isolate the marimba track.

Doing a little bit of research, I've come up with what I believe is the answer. Back in 2016, when the RISE album was being re-issued on Herb Alpert Presents, there was also a digital EP called the RISE REMIX EP. It had six remixes of the song plus the original and was only released digitally. I think the marimba track is from the one called the Randy Badazz Raw Funk Mix. The YouTube poster then used some rather good digital extraction audio tools to isolate the marimba track.

I have this digital only album and it makes sense I think it's fun to listen to all different mixes of the song on their own separate EP rather than tacked on as bonus tracks on an album in this case.

Back
Top Bottom