RISE - Official Comments and Review Thread

What is your favorite track from the new RISE?

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Rise

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Behind The Rain

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Rotation

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Aranjuez (Mon Amour)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Love Is

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Angelina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Street Life

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Rotation (Alternate Version) [*]

• Aranjuez (2007 Dance Mix) [*]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collectors' Choice has been listing RISE in its catalogs and online ( ccmusic.com ), and it has a little factual error in that listing. It notes that RISE is Herb's "solo debut", which of course most of us here know as not true.

The solo era began with the little-known, little heard JUST YOU AND ME album. And though it would be hard to categorize the Herb & Hugh albums as "solo", they fall within the era of "no Tijuana Brass."

Harry

Harry said:
The solo era began with the little-known, little heard JUST YOU AND ME album. And though it would be hard to categorize the Herb & Hugh albums as "solo", they fall within the era of "no Tijuana Brass."

Harry

That's a good way to put it - "no Tijuana Brass," rather than "solo." I'd even go so far as to say no original Tijuana Brass.

For me, anything which happened after "Summertime" represents the opening of a new chapter, so to speak, in the Herb Alpert story. Maybe even after "Beat of the Brass?"

I'll even go so far as to put the "YSTSB" and "Coney Island" albums in a new chapter of the story.

The Tijuana Brass/"solo career" dividing line is a blurry one...after all, "The Lonely Bull" was really just Herb overdubbing his own trumpet. I'd say it has more to do with musical style than musicians involved...in which case, you can divide it anywhere you like!

i don't think herb alpert is going to fandango or midnight sun cd this year.i looked on the shout factory web site for the whole mouth of november.and there was nothing for the mouth of november.is there any way,if some body or some one.could ask shout factory when herb alpert is going to release fandango and midnight sun on cd.

My suspicions are that if there are no release announcements for the rest of this year, then look for them sometime next year. We know they'll be out - just be patient.

Meantime, put RISE on for another spin and enjoy!

Harry

to harry,have you heard if shoutfactory is going to release warm and the brass are on cd.there has been a lot of people like me,who been asking for them on cd.thanks harry

There's no news to report about any releases. Look for something perhaps early next year regarding some solo Herb Alpert releases. We'll have the early scoop here, whenever we get the information.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom