Rita Coolidge - Inside The Fire

A&MFan

I've asked this before and I'm hoping that new someone will have new information this time. Raven Records released a lot of her albums on CD a while back. I've gone on her web site and asked them why Inside the Fire has never seen a CD release, no one ever answered and I asked a few times. I'd settle for a digital download, even though I personally prefer a CD. At one point, Rita's web site had all of the album's tracks you could play, but you could not purchase for download. If I could have figured out to record them, I would gone that route. The tracks were taken down a few years ago. Has anyone heard any new news?

I haven't heard anything. Unless the Japanese come up with a CD, I don't see much of a chance for this one. If it were me, I'd find copies of all of the CD compilation albums that might have tracks from this album, then find a mint copy of the LP and assemble the tracks onto my own CD-R.

For example, my only Rita Coolidge CD is the purple CLASSICS. It has two tracks from INSIDE THE FIRE, "Something Said Love", and "Love From Tokyo."

I remember a decade or more ago some of Rita's early 80s albums were released on CD as 2 first one had Inside the fire" paired with her 1983 Release "Never Let you Go" i believe they were European imports and Collectors choice music catalog carried them ( i bought some CDs from them in the past) I own a vinyl Version of Never Let you Go which came with A Needle drop CD there is a place in Colorado which Does that for a little Extra cost when you buy a vinyl lp the albums are a bit pricey but if you're looking for an extreme rarity such as Inside the fire you might want to consider that possibility thats how I completed my BMB collection and very well worth it

Doing a little further research, I see that most of the tracks from this album have never shown up anywhere else on compilations and such. Other than the two on CLASSICS VOLUME 5, I see that the song "Survivor" showed up on a Hip-O/A&M comp called DELTA LADY. So that's only 30% of the album's tracks.

I haven't heard anything. Unless the Japanese come up with a CD, I don't see much of a chance for this one. If it were me, I'd find copies of all of the CD compilation albums that might have tracks from this album, then find a mint copy of the LP and assemble the tracks onto my own CD-R.

For example, my only Rita Coolidge CD is the purple CLASSICS. It has two tracks from INSIDE THE FIRE, "Something Said Love", and "Love From Tokyo."
I have her A&M 25th Anniversary CD, I bought it when that series was released. I also bought the one for The Carpenters, Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass and the Herb Alpert solo one. I didn't want the others, although I was tempted to get the Pablo Cruise one.

There were a few of those that were great for casual fans. Supertramp and Styx were good, in particular.

I never heard of the Rita Coolidge album that's the topic of this thread, although I've never been a huge fan of hers. My favorite thing of hers that I've heard is "A Song I'd Like to Sing" which is a duet with Kris Kristofferson and has Herb Alpert on trumpet.

I wonder why companies bother to publicize their email addresses when they have no intention of answering inquiries from people.

The album catalog number is SP5003. It was released in 1984. The song "Survivor" was released as a single according to a sticker on the shrink wrap.
I picked it up towards 1990. I never heard the single played on the radio and did not know of the album's existence until I found it in a record store cut out bin.

I have a promo copy of INSIDE THE FIRE. It's a regular pressing, but has a gold stamp on the rear. You can barely see the stamp on the lower left.

CoolidgeInsideFire2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom