Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't Want to Have to Do It

• Can I Go?

• i've never heard this album

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I've just come back from a car boot sale with a vinyl copy of this (for 50p).
Having bought the CD some time ago, i recognised it as a bit of a rarity. It's in tatty condition and two of the 3 sleeve side have split, but it does play OK if a little crackly.
Is it worth listing on ebay? If it's not going to go for much I'll hang on to it as I do like it.
What prices have they gone for in the past?

neildono said:
Is it worth listing on ebay? If it's not going to go for much I'll hang on to it as I do like it.
What prices have they gone for in the past?

Since you mention it's not in great shape, only the marketplace can determine what it's worth. Many collectors know about the album rather than just fans, so it seems to be worth a bit more in that regard.

Most of the copies that go for around $50 on eBay tend to be the ones in better condition, so I can't say what a beat-up copy might go for. I myself wasn't too picky about the condition of the one I found, as long as it played I was happy. Really I just wanted to own the original vinyl since I already had several CD copies of it.

Harry

Cool story about this album…

I work at a record store. Recently, some guy walked in with a couple crates of records that he just donated to the store.

On the surface, it looked like a pretty unremarkable collection… Mantovani, Ray Conniff, Mitch Miller, etc. So I accepted his donation and told him we’d find a new home for them on the curb like we usually do with those types of albums.

As I’m going through the records, out pops Small Circle of Friends!

Holy grail found!

I voted for Love so Fine. Since this thread got a little bump other than Herb's version up to this point this was the first vocal version of the song I ever heard since then found versions by The Carnaval and the King cousins ( great versions as well) and I had Pete Jolly's version since 2005 it's still a stand out song to me.

I'm still cheesed that I finally found a sealed copy, only it had heat damage along the edge. And this one was a good-sounding pressing. Chances of finding another sealed original are nearly nonexistent now. There was a vinyl reissue in recent years but I never heard of the label, so...pass. And with the masters probably torched in The Great Universal BBQ Incident of 2008, slim chance we'd get a good reissue of it now.

Back
Top Bottom