Ronald Mesquita Bresil 72

Stevenj

Has anyone heard this group before. I searched Ronald Mesquita because he was in Bossa rio and found the entire album on youtube. Great grooves with less sparkle than Bossa Rio, and not as smooth a B66. Not sure what's up with the spelling of Bresil?

Hey, that's a neat record! Very Bossa Rio-ish. I'll have to listen to this one more at length when I get a chance.

Here's a track listing from Discogs:

1603849425397.png

Thanks for posting this fantastic album Stevenj. This is my kind of music. What a discovery. On the album cover photo I noticed that pretty lady to the far right and was curious who she was. I went to the album listing in discogs and lo and behold it is Marly Tavares who beautifully danced candomble from the Bossa Nova do Brasil concert in 1966, which I posted earlier this year! She sure can sing and dance in style.

I found a recent-years promo CD of this title online for all of $4 plus shipping. I'll give it a thorough listen when it gets here.

1603899411450.png

1603899428316.png

1603899445271.png

Thanks for posting this fantastic album Stevenj. This is my kind of music. What a discovery. On the album cover photo I noticed that pretty lady to the far right and was curious who she was. I went to the album listing in discogs and lo and behold it is Marly Tavares who beautifully danced candomble from the Bossa Nova do Brasil concert in 1966, which I posted earlier this year! She sure can sing and dance in style.
Wow, can she dance.

There are also plenty of vinyl copies available, as it was reissued in the past couple of years.

You can't go wrong with Gilson on keys. Mr. Bongo is one of my favorite labels.

My promo CD arrived today. Neat little disc. Very much in the Bossa Rio vein.

My Mosquito LP arrived yesterday but I was too busy to spin it--it was reissued in 2018 or 2019, so this is a brand new copy. With the Artie Johnson (or whoever) CTi LP and a couple others that arrived with it, I have a few to run on the wrecka playa tonight.

My Mosquito LP arrived yesterday but I was too busy to spin it--it was reissued in 2018 or 2019, so this is a brand new copy. With the Artie Johnson (or whoever) CTi LP and a couple others that arrived with it, I have a few to run on the wrecka playa tonight.
Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom