Sandpipers discography

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmpalm

Hi everybody!

About a year ago I posted here, promising the launch of a Sandpipers discography on my website "within a month or so". Well, make that "within a year or so", since it's taken me until today to finally have it ready for publication.

http://www.carlmagnuspalm.com/personal/sandpipers/sandpipers.html

The plan is to expand the Sandpipers section with a biography, but for now there is only the discography of the A&M years. I'm sure there are many errors and omissions, so any contributions are welcomed. Naturally, anyone who contributes will be mentioned in the Credits section (where the very fabulous A&M Corner Forum is already mentioned and linked to, since I've found some information in the posts here).

For example, one thing that's puzzled me is the contradictory information regarding the singles, i.e. which sides were A- or B-sides. So if anyone can help me clear that up, I would be very grateful.

Anyway, I hope you will find the discography useful in some way.

Best regards

Carl Magnus Palm
Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks Carl, for letting us know. I'll post a news item about your new Sandpipers discography on the main page of this site, and I'm sure there are some folks here that can help flesh it out a bit.

Harry

I enjoyed your discography and would like to pass some information about the 1977 RCA label album OVERDUE (VPL1 4048). My copy was made in New Zealand. Produced by Henry Hadaway and The Sandpipers.

Richard Shoff, James Brady and Gary Duckworth were the lineup. The tracks are:

SIDE ONE
Hang On Sloopy 3:30/ I'll Never Love Anyone Anymore 3:45/ Broken Slumber 3:15/ Island (Without a Name) 3:12/ Skidrow Joe 3:41/ Living is a Lovin' Thing 2:55.

SIDE TWO
Life is a Song Worth Singing 3:12/ Crying in the Rain Again 2:57/ Moonlight 3:57/ Love in Your Heart 2:38/ You're a Great Way to Fly (Singapore Girl) 2:41/ The Last Time 3:56.

"Hang on Sloopy" was a single with "Skid Row Joe" as the B-side.
I'm not sure whether the album came out in the U.S., but I think the single did.
Hope this is useful.
JB

LPJim said:
Richard Shoff, James Brady and Gary Duckworth were the lineup.

I find the disappearance of Mike Piano interesting. I think this was foreshadowed on their final A&M effort where "solo" credits made Sandpipers appear top have become a duo instead of a trio...

--Mr Bill

Thanks so much to everyone who has written with encouraging words and further information, here at the forum and to me directly. I really appreciate that.

The updates will be posted in due course, although it may take a while before I have the time to expand that section of my site.

Best regards to everybody

Carl Magnus Palm

Yes, thanks very much for the Website/Bio/Discography/Info on what's my all-time favorite A&M group... Very useful for the diehard fan, like me! And may there be a Collectors' Choice reissue program of ALL their work...!

I once did have the Hang On Sloopy single as a 12" disc, with a long version, B/W a short version, followed by Skidrow Joe... It was on some obscure label, not RCA... I also had another Sandpipers single, on a 7" '45' on another obscure label... Songs were It Should Have Lasted Forever B/W Darling, I Appologize...

...And can we make it an "Officiated Addition" at A&M Corner? :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Very straightforward presentation of the Sandpipers' discography. :thumbsup: I have Guantanamera and The Wonder of You, and it's nice to see where those fall in their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom