Sandpipers two-fer Misty Roses/Wonder of You coming on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, too! Been waiting for this one, since it has "Let Go", which is the English version of Tamba 4's "Canto de Osannah" (sp?). It was a single and got Middle Of The Road radio play in L.A. for about three weeks back in late '68 and then vanished.

---Michael Hagerty

Cool, these are IMHO the two best Sandpipers albums behind my two faves, A GIFT OF SONG and COME SATURDAY MORNING. I'll definitely be wanting to get this one for those (admittedly rare) times when I'm in the mood for some mellow tunes.

This is good news! I just placed my order. Thanks for the "heads-up", Henry.

CCM07082.jpg

Harry

Well, I'm waiting to see Softly reissued on CD! Sorry I didn't keep my Japanese Imports of ...Gift Of Song and ...Saturday Morning

Don't forget the '45' of Temptation, from ...Wonder of You features a Guitar solo, versus the Horn solo on the album version; sure would be nice if the CD featured the "single-mix" as a Bonus Track!

Glad nearly ALL of The Sandpipers works are on CD, thanks to the up-coming release of these two! :cheers:

Dave

I have my doubts about Spanish Album getting the "two-fer" treatment. And it doesn't look good for Softly either.

Sandpipers did 9 LPs for A&M. Two were Comps: Spanish Album (which culled all the spanish language goodies from their first four LPs) and Greatest Hits. That leaves 7 original LPs. Enough for three and a half two-fers. Since half a twofer is not a twofer and they skipped Softly (and Spanish Album) to pair Misty Roses with Wonder Of You I suspect the last twofer we'll soon see will be pairing their last two A&M LPs, Come Saturday Morning and A Gift Of Song (which go together pretty good actually).

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
...I have my doubts about Spanish Album getting the "two-fer" treatment... ...And it doesn't look good for Softly either...

Yes, unfortunately I think Softly is pretty neat, especially with the remake of the Gordon Lightfoot-penned title-track coming first and ending with the cover of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne... I would rather have it reissued than Misty Roses (Side 2 of it after the title-track, IMO, is very off-putting, and sooo off-putting, I don't even listen to it anymore; I at least have the one good song, Misty Roses on The Sandpipers Greatest Hits... (--While my Misty Roses is "paired with" "something else I only enjoy "one-side" of...") :whistle:

Mr Bill said:
...I suspect the last two-fer we'll soon see will be pairing their last two A&M LPs, Come Saturday Morning and A Gift Of Song (which go together pretty good actually)...

Yes, especially the way I have 'em packaged... :wink: I'm with you, but then again, given the way some Re-Issue Programs work, maybe the final irony will be that only ONE of these (Most likely, ...Saturday Morning) will get the "two-fer treatment" with Softly--Who Knows?! :confused:

I really wish that the THIRD Jimmie Rodgers and We Five albums, Troubled Times and Return Of..., respectfully, could get reissued, but its because of the Odd Number-Original/Even Number-Reissue complex, that they won't see the light of day... :sad:

Dave

...How 'bout MASON WILLIAMS getting an up-coming Collectors Choice reissue treatment, too!:cool:

Maybe they'll put COME SATURDAY MORNING out by itself since it was the SP's best selling album, and then put SOFTLY together with A GIFT OF SONG. After all, if a company can put the Elektra self-titled Sergio Mendes album together with MAGIC LADY which was several years later, anything can happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom