1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Seeing Herb In A Few Weeks

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by Shane, May 10, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Member Thread Starter

I'm heading to Bakersfield in a few weeks to see Herb Alpert. I've never seen a show of his before, and I was wondering what to expect. How much TJB material does he include in the show, or is it just a quick medley?

DeeInKY, martin and Rudy like this.
  2. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator

Prepare to have your socks knocked off! :wink: The Band is really tight and has a ton of energy goin' on. They've added a large video screen as a backdrop and it changes throughout the show. A lot is video from their archives and some is Herb's art.
    There were 3 videos that Herb & the Band played live. The TJB Medley is about 6 minutes and in Hartford last week, the audience did a great job singing along with "This Guy..."
    Enjoy the show!

martin likes this.
  3. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

I wish they would come back to Montana again. Their show in Bozeman a few years ago apparently did very well, although I wasn't able to go. I've sent a couple of "suggestions" to the Alberta Bair Theater in Billings - which would be a dynamite venue to hear them in - and Billings has a healthy jazz fanbase - but so far, no luck.

4. Shane

Shane Member Thread Starter

Sounds great, I'm excited!! Thanks for the info!