Send in the Clowns

With the devastating loss Stephen Sondheim, I am sitting here actually hearing Karen sing this, clear as a bell. It's amazing what the mind can do. I'm so glad I grew up with such wonderful music. Very grateful for this board. :)
And coincidentally, it was the Carpenters’ English horn/oboist, Earle Dumler that played the lead English horn part on that (Streisand) recording.

Last edited:
Great minds. :) I am so upset over his loss, since I worked in the same circles and have mutual friends in common. I am such a connoisseur of his works. Truly on par with Shakespeare. This is a tough one. All the best to everyone! Stay safe!

Thank You for sharing. One of my all time favorite songs.

Send in the Clowns was one of Percy Faiths last recordings before he passed. That arrangement and Judy Collins version were well played in my house growing up in the '70s..

A&M's own songbird, Lani Hall, did a rather unique arrangement on her SWEET BIRD album.

A&M's own songbird, Lani Hall, did a rather unique arrangement on her SWEET BIRD album.

I bought this album in a cutout bin many years ago, even though I had not heard any of the songs on the radio. I bought it because it was Lani.
Her version is uptempo over other versions and that did make it unique and very enjoyable.

I also think Karen would have done a gorgeous 'Not A Day Goes By' by Sondheim.

Back
Top Bottom