September 2019 In Memorium

AM Matt

Bill Harris, television & movie producer & Showtime Network host during the 80's has died. His slogan was ""We'll talk again"!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Carol Lynley has an A&M connection:

She played the character of "Nonnie" in THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE who was supposedly a singer. Her big song in the movie was "The Morning After", but as she wasn't a singer in real life, producer Irwin Allen had her vocal dubbed by a professional singer - who turned out to be Renée Armand. Ms. Armand released the album THE RAIN BOOK on A&M Records, and also sang the song "Lost", on the BLESS THE BEASTS AND CHILDREN album.

AM Matt

I never heard of the late singer Kylie Rae Harris until now. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
as she wasn't a singer in real life, producer Irwin Allen had her vocal dubbed by a professional singer - who turned out to be Renée Armand.
Wow, I did not know that! (I did have a bit of a crush on "Nonnie" when that movie came out though.)

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
These last two are real bummers. We saw Eddie Money in concert in Billings maybe 5 years ago and he put on a great show. (He was the opener for 38 Special and he was better than they were, I thought.)

There was a new Cars album maybe 5 or 6 years ago called Move Like This that was really good... had all the Cars trademarks and it was like they never left the scene. I was hoping they'd make more, but they never did.

Top Bottom