September 2019 In Memorium

Bill Harris, television & movie producer & Showtime Network host during the 80's has died. His slogan was ""We'll talk again"!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Carol Lynley has an A&M connection:

She played the character of "Nonnie" in THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE who was supposedly a singer. Her big song in the movie was "The Morning After", but as she wasn't a singer in real life, producer Irwin Allen had her vocal dubbed by a professional singer - who turned out to be Renée Armand. Ms. Armand released the album THE RAIN BOOK on A&M Records, and also sang the song "Lost", on the BLESS THE BEASTS AND CHILDREN album.

as she wasn't a singer in real life, producer Irwin Allen had her vocal dubbed by a professional singer - who turned out to be Renée Armand.
Wow, I did not know that! (I did have a bit of a crush on "Nonnie" when that movie came out though.)

Ric Ocasek, former lead singer of the Cars, has been found dead in his New York apartment. He was 75.

These last two are real bummers. We saw Eddie Money in concert in Billings maybe 5 years ago and he put on a great show. (He was the opener for 38 Special and he was better than they were, I thought.)

There was a new Cars album maybe 5 or 6 years ago called Move Like This that was really good... had all the Cars trademarks and it was like they never left the scene. I was hoping they'd make more, but they never did.

Back
Top Bottom