Sergio at the Circus (kind of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
YouTube kindly led me to this rather funny video today:

I love the way the audience claps for--well, what exactly (at least the first time)? Then they break into rapturous applause when Caterina, Lani and Karen walk around in a circle. Love the comment that said Frank Zappa would have done it better. :wink:

YouTube kindly led me to this rather funny video today:

I love the way the audience claps for--well, what exactly (at least the first time)? Then they break into rapturous applause when Caterina, Lani and Karen walk around in a circle. Love the comment that said Frank Zappa would have done it better. :wink:

The first clapping comes at the sort-of false ending in the record. That's understandable if the audience had never heard the record before. The walking around the stage applause? I suggest it's much the same when any "dance" in a performance begins to take place, even leg-kicks by the Rockettes - gets applause every time. Prior to the circling, the musicians and singers on stage were rather static.

And why was Catarina singing with Brasil '66 in the first place? Usually guest artists in TV get a shot all by themselves, and then if the host wants to join in for a second number, they will. At any rate - good choice for a song.

Cool video - thanks Jeffrey.

Harry

This has been on YouTube for quite a while. It's always entertaining -- especially the way Lani and Karen look at each other (toward the end) like, "Really?"

Jon...the Brasil Nut

The way Caterina Valente did it would much better that she even tried to introduce the group. So here we go with her mess: "May I introduce this group? May I? Let's start with LÔNI (introducing Karen Philipp); KAREN (introducing Lani Hall); SEBASTIAN (introducing Dom Um Romão); DOM (introducing Sebastião Neto), BASSINI (introducing Rubens Bassini, by elimination she could't go wrong here, although there was still a chance of calling him Sergio Mendes)". Look at Dom Um Romao and Sebastião Neto faces and you will see how "happy" they were having their names exchanged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom