Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Scarborough Fair

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • When Summer Turns To Snow

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Laia Ladaia (Reza)

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
I know, I was being facetious. But I'm sure every design had to go through some levels of "permission" before it hit the production line.

Yes, but I think (especially after WHIPPED CREAM) the conversations were more along the lines of "Ya think we can we get away with it?" than "You can't do that." Let's remember---the Beatles' "Butcher Cover" for YESTERDAY and TODAY got out the door at Capitol, which was a much more traditional company---and two years earlier.

Looking again at that "full cover" pic, I'm still confused about that hill. Without getting too graphic, to me it does NOT look like the typical proportions of a human being.... the middle part is really flat, and certain bits on the left side just don't look "real" to me. I'm sure a certain amount of airbrushing and other tweaks were done to make it fit the size of the frame, and get it past the censorship division at A&M. Maybe it was composed out of two shots from different angles, or stretched in the middle, or something. I do remember getting the gatefold, opening it up, and thinking "Is it? It is! But wait...something's not quite right here." Too bad the photographer behind it isn't still among us.

Also it's too bad this album wasn't as famous as "Whipped Cream," where we know almost all of the details behind the cover!
I always thought that it did not look like a woman for the stretched out look that it had but with the sticker on top, someone thought it looked too risque. I wonder how many of the big markets used the sticker on the albums. The sticker may have been made by the distributors and sent with the shipments. The stores could then decide what to do. As I stated earlier, I know Columbia House had the sticker directly on the cover and my first copy had it on the wrap.

Last edited:
I always thought that it did not look like a woman for the stretched out look that it had but with the sticker on top, someone thought it looked too risque. I wonder how many of the big markets used the sticker on the albums. The sticker may have been made by the distributors and sent with the shipments. The stores could then decide what to do. As I stated earlier, I know Columbia House had the sticker directly on the cover and my first copy had it on the wrap.
I bought my copy in Los Angeles right after its release---no sticker.

Copies in the record store in my hometown of 3,500 had the sticker.

I don't know where our copy in the family came from, but 1) no shrinkwrap, 2) no sticker, and 3) my dad probably bought this album for the cover. 😁

Seems we've been around this block before - in this very thread:

Back
Top Bottom