Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batucada (The Beat)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • So Many Stars

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Look Around

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
I am going to stand up for the singers. I am guessing that they were probably jet-lagged to some degree. I think the best song from that concert is Viola. A bonus track on the CD, an extra song from a single, and not featured on the album. The new Live in Japan with Brasil'77 ('73) has the same extreme separation of the vocals. It doesn't sound right. The live at the Greek Theatre ('72) has a separation, but not so dramatically. Back to Expo'70, we all know that Lani can sing. We all know that Karen can sing. Unfortunately, Karen is stuck to "sound like" Lani in an almost backing vocal situation.

That same Expo '70 event had Bossa Rio appearing and that concert was also released in Japan. It sounds a lot tighter than the Brasil '66 disc, and the stereo soundstage was a bit different. The main Bossa Rio male vocalist, I forget his name, was set in the extreme right channel, but Gracinha's lead vocals were centered, which kind-of grounded the overall sound.

Bossa Rio's LIVE IN JAPAN isn't all that easy to find.

Bossa Rio's Live in Japan is available in iTunes. I think that Sergio had the center mic for himself. (the one that Gracinha used)

Back
Top Bottom