Sergio Mendes & Brasil 77 CARNIVAL-LIVE IN JAPAN / GOLD DISC

Sleepy Night Records

Hi, does anyone have a good quality CDR taken from the albums of this concert I could hear, on CD or dropbox to see if its worthwhile releasing? Thanks.

If you'd care to hear some Windows Media Files, I can throw them up on OneDrive. Will that do?

When they finish loading, I'll provide a link here.

It's pretty good. Straight off my LP for most of the tracks, and the ones with duplicate track numbers come from someone else's CD-R. This concert was released multiple times with a lot of the same tracks.

Go here: Gold Disc

You should be able to download.

Listening to some of these now, they have some rather splashy, sibilant "s" sounds.

Got them, thanks! Thet sound good quality I thought there would be clicks but sound good! Can you keep that link open for 48 hours as I want to download them again this time in the studio and see if I can get them even sounding better, is that ok Harry? I am talking with Sony UK who think there was a couple more tracks that were recorded but not put out, will find out the titles?

Great and thanks for all your help, if we release any Sergio music I will make sure you and this great A&M corner get some credit as everyone is so helpfull on here!

What a confusing set of releases! I just pulled out my actual LP and realized that the songs I have ripped to the computer are in a totally different order. The order of the songs up on OneDrive seem to be from a release called CARNIVAL: LIVE IN JAPAN and were sent to me on a CD-R by one of our earlier members in that order.

The added songs of "Look Of Love/ Oye Como Va", "Constant Rain" and "Something / Daytripper" came from another CD-R sent to me by a fan from Japan.

Since these were digitized, I must have managed to locate an actual GOLD DISC on CBS/Sony as an LP, but I've never digitized that actual LP.

The order there is:

Mas Que Nada
One Note Samba / Spanish Flea
Wave
Like A Lover
Pradizer Adeus
Constant Rain
Scarborough Fair

Fool On The Hill
Something / Daytripper
Going Out Of My Head
The Look Of Love / Oye Como Va
I Can See Clearly Now
Love Music
Killing Me Softly With His Song

Odd man out is "Jogo De Roda / Manha De Carnaval"

This is the album with the tiny bobble on the piano intro of Love Music. Always makes me laugh a little.

As I was busy yesterday, I devoted some time today to investigate my LP copy of GOLD DISC. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, CBS/Sony issued several different iterations of this one live concert that took place in Japan. Near as I can tell, the concert was live in 1973 with Gracinha and Bonnie Bowden on lead vocals, and this GOLD DISC that I have was a 1978 issue.

GoldDiscCDFront.jpg

Amazingly, my LP is in really superb shape, and especially so because of its truly miraculous length. Most LPs don't attempt to cram near 30 minutes on a side, but this one does. And yet it sounded really good to my ears - a little low in the volume department, but the Japanese vinyl is so clean and noise-free that it didn't really matter. Side One came in at around 27 minutes and Side Two clocked in at nearly 29 minutes.

Sleepy Night, if you need any of these as WAV files, let me know.

The version of "Pradizer de Adeus" really points out how much Bonnie Bowden could sound like Lani Hall if she really wanted to. Most of Bonnie's vocals tended to be higher pitched, but if the keys had been dropped a notch or two, she'd have been a dead ringer for Lani.

Harry, that is a much better transfer not so many clicks, I love the album, must get it out for release. Do you have "Jogo De Roda / Manha De Carnaval" ?

Try the link above again. I've added it as the 15th WAV track. It's not quite as quiet as the LP, but it should sound a little better than the WMA file.

Hi Harry,
We now have all the tracks mastered and they sound great! We now need to contact Sergio, do you know who his Manager/Agent is, I have looked online and found nothing? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom