• Don't forget to let us know which streaming services you use regularly. Vote in our poll here.

Sergio Mendes - In The Key Of Joy - Songwriter Magazine Article

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I decided to pre-order the "signed, deluxe" CD edition because there's about a zero chance I'll ever get a chance to get a Sergio autograph in person, and there are a lot of songs on the "soundtrack" disk that I'm surprised to see there, so I think some of them will be new versions.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Just notified my deluxe set shipped from CD Japan!!! It'll be an early Christmas present, from me to me! :wink:

TulitaPepsi

Mine is on the way too (bought it on Ebay last week). It's supposed to arrive "December 12 - December 30" but I'm hoping it arrives much sooner. Harry & Steve: PLEASE POST A REVIEW! I will do the same.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
So I'm sitting here at home yesterday afternoon, at the computer with headphones on listening to something or other. Molly, our dog, starts barking - which she does if someone outside breathes too loudly - so I ignored her. Suddenly my wife is tapping me on the shoulder and telling me that a package needed my signature, but the postal worker was already gone.

Once I heard that, I knew that it was my Sergio Mendes CD from Japan that had arrived, but I missed him. So I had to wait until today to trudge down to the post office to pick it up. With my schedule this week, I won't have time for a thorough review. With a quick sampling, this is largely the modern incarnation of Sergio, but I'm finding the rhythms infectious.

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
Just glancing at Roon Player, the 2nd disc (from the documentary soundtrack) is pretty much a compilation of existing tracks.

1575432688549.png
1575432702641.png
1575432722244.png

"Unavailable" since the album will not be available in the US until February. (It's part of the Qobuz licensing--they have to respect the label's wishes for the countries they stream in.)

Top Bottom