Sergio Mendes - In The Key Of Joy - Songwriter Magazine Article

I decided to pre-order the "signed, deluxe" CD edition because there's about a zero chance I'll ever get a chance to get a Sergio autograph in person, and there are a lot of songs on the "soundtrack" disk that I'm surprised to see there, so I think some of them will be new versions.

Just notified my deluxe set shipped from CD Japan!!! It'll be an early Christmas present, from me to me! :wink:

Mine is on the way too (bought it on Ebay last week). It's supposed to arrive "December 12 - December 30" but I'm hoping it arrives much sooner. Harry & Steve: PLEASE POST A REVIEW! I will do the same.

So I'm sitting here at home yesterday afternoon, at the computer with headphones on listening to something or other. Molly, our dog, starts barking - which she does if someone outside breathes too loudly - so I ignored her. Suddenly my wife is tapping me on the shoulder and telling me that a package needed my signature, but the postal worker was already gone.

Once I heard that, I knew that it was my Sergio Mendes CD from Japan that had arrived, but I missed him. So I had to wait until today to trudge down to the post office to pick it up. With my schedule this week, I won't have time for a thorough review. With a quick sampling, this is largely the modern incarnation of Sergio, but I'm finding the rhythms infectious.

Just glancing at Roon Player, the 2nd disc (from the documentary soundtrack) is pretty much a compilation of existing tracks.

1575432688549.png
1575432702641.png
1575432722244.png

"Unavailable" since the album will not be available in the US until February. (It's part of the Qobuz licensing--they have to respect the label's wishes for the countries they stream in.)

Back
Top Bottom